SAU Community

Chev Skyline

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see the small block chevy as such a bad thing.

They still use it in the Corvette so what's the big deal?

Should be a nice ride but I'd be thinking alloy head or even block.

T.

Do you recall the HPI article that had a Corvette chop an R33 GTR in a straight line, and also the HSV GTS with exhaust, cam and remap that went even stevens when both jumped on the loud pedal with an R34 GTR running exhaust / filter/ Power Fc and boost...

Chevs are alright in my book, the problem is finding a decent chasis to put one in :(

This isnt my car, Its my bros car (He started my passion for skylines). Mine is in the Avatar

The Engine that was taken out was a RB25Det with a t04e. The exhaust is far from choked and should have a nice bark to it.

Sorry but the engine was in perfect running condition and was taken out so the chev sould go in when the car comes back from painting i will get some more photos.

where's the mixed emotion's smiley when you need it??

while it seems sacrilige to put a V8 into a Skyline, imagine the TORQUE!!! *drool*

my god that thing would haul around a track with the low down torque produced from the V8 :)

I think there is a few people in here with a fear of torque....

Not really.. I tend to think that the RB2x is an integral part of what makes a Skyline a Skyline, in the same way that an RX7 would not be the same without its rotary engine. The engine is (an important) factor in defining the cars character.

Hence sticking a thumping V8 fills me with mixed emotions. Good for him for doing something different, but IMHO its the same as dropping a V8 into anything and not really a "skyline" anymore.

LW.

Also, it's not like our RBs are torqueless - so everyone thinking "just imagine the torque" might want to rethink that. Turbos are one of the best ways you can add torque. Just look at the latest WRX STi - 394Nm from a 2L!

That aside, I do like the idea of a V8 in a Skyline though. It's something different. That engine would just be near the bottom of my list. VH/VK series or a 3UZ would be the way I'd go. Good work though, anyway.

Chev in the Skyline is a good idea...plenty of other platforms you can bolt a Chev into, but most have poor chasis / brakes / suspension dynamics, so Skyline platform gives the engine half a chance

Do you recall the HPI article that had a Corvette chop an R33 GTR in a straight line, and also the HSV GTS with exhaust, cam and remap that went even stevens when both jumped on the loud pedal with an R34 GTR running exhaust / filter/ Power Fc and boost...  

Chevs are alright in my book, the problem is finding a decent chasis to put one in :(

I think I remember reading that.. Basically the only thing giving the gtr the upper hand was the 4wd.