SAU Community

Preperation Required Rb30 Block For 3.2 Stroker Build

Nismo 3.2ish

I'd say 5 months is probably ahead of time on a build like this by a professional workshop....

There will be a month or more of a bit of back and forth once delivered to sort any small issues, run in and re-tune etc.

... it's better not to hope for a number on a page, regardless of what the car makes on that dyno on that day on that fuel your allways just a little dissaponted.

... these days I just rock up and go 'it make what it makes'

Cheers

J.

Your right Justin, it will make what it makes, as long as I get the feeling I am after, the numbers are just a point of reference. Shit I went from the 338awkw to 345 after changing the cams and turbo and it was soooo much better than the 7awkw indicated :)

As for the 5 months, I had all of the parts in the shop 2 months before I dropped the car off :)

Hi Mick, had some wires cook near the turbo while tuning it, fixing that tomorrow.

I struggle reading dynos as there are so many different types , some look like they shoot up and others like a slight incline but similar in results?, but the real test is driving the sucker home , even on low boost it will give me an idea. How did the Dyno look to you for the first run ??

They will be driving the car for a couple of days to make sure it is all going as the expected. Hope they do not smash it :spank:

Maybe ready on Wednesday or Thursday but it is not so easy to get down to Sydney from here as they have cut some flights and the plane gets booked quickly ?

But , not long now and going to start having some fun with this thing below :cheers:

post-52098-0-50065400-1425784189_thumb.jpg

Great t hear its nearly ready.

I really hope it is what you are after Pete, I can't help thinking that a supercharged v8 would fill your needs much better, but I'm sure you'll have a blast in the new combo.

I also know you will keep us up yo date with your thoughts!

Great t hear its nearly ready.

I really hope it is what you are after Pete, I can't help thinking that a supercharged v8 would fill your needs much better, but I'm sure you'll have a blast in the new combo.

I also know you will keep us up yo date with your thoughts!

Yeah its been a while :/

I am reasonably sure it will be what I want, I could have bought a new GTR or a BIG V8 and I am sure I would have like both BUT I wanted to go this way, just did not do my homework, suffered for my impulse buy and believing a car salesman , LOL

After the work I did before this , it was very close to what I wanted and being a stubborn little prick, I went the next step and gave it an extra .6Lt hoping it will spool 1000rpms quicker and the extra torque to get it moving a little better before the air kicks in. With everything , cams etc set for response on the final tune, it should be enough to shut me up and stop annoying you blokes.

I also wanted a car that no one really knows how it goes, not lowered, not lumpy and pretty quiet with an old fart driving, perfect sleeper :woot:

Its going to be awesome. No doubt about it.

The only thing where I think I might have gone overboard with, is the drive train, I doubt if I will ever truly get any benefit from the mods. But it seemed to make it a better all round car, shit then brakes and suspension but that can be done here, if I get the bug :yes::no::yes::no: oh F!

Jim said

If the dyno graph is anything to go by , looks and feels really punchy down low on the dyno and is happy to rev to 7500 - 8000 rpm up top with power.

First run in tune set up for running in purposes only .

The cam timing will be done at the same time as the final tune.

I really don’t want to be running the car for extended periods of time at high rpm yet till the vehicle has done at least 1500km running in time.

So :)

• Like 1

Pick it up tomorrow, should be an interesting 350Klm drive home , run back on the old Pacific Hwy so I am not stuck on the same revs and give it a little work ..

Worried about the signs

Tomorrow is Friday the 13th :devil: and the last 3 numbers on the invoice 666 :devil: and I have to fly down :woot:

Good thing I am not superstitious , LOL