SAU Community

Preperation Required Rb30 Block For 3.2 Stroker Build

Nismo 3.2ish

Better fuel economy, because better torque.

You don't have to ring it's neck now.

On a road trip to Adelaide, I was getting the same economy as a 34gtt.

They said the motor had plenty of work on the Dyno and was driven around for a couple of days. The limiter was on and I drove it the same as usual on the way back, well not exactly, 5000rpm limit and no boost :)

Even without the final tune it was much better, especially on the twisty bush road were torque helps. I know blokes say it is only a gear change away (or 2 ), but

Totally different car to drive, I think I will get rid of the next 1000Klms very quickly and final tune done :)

Good news Pete glad to hear its sounding promising!!

So does the off boost driving satify you/compete with the TT VQ motor?

Yeah it seemed forever

I do not think it is as good as the TT350GT with the run in tune , 3.5 Lts, newer type motor and toss in a couple of turbos, different car, but after the tune, cams dialed in for response, with the limiter on 7500 - 8000rpm, I would put my money on the 34 :)

But the main difference for me is, I like to drive the R as the GT was an Auto and I got sick of no stick :cool:

I think I have to qualify what I have said as best I can :/

Both cars from idle ( no launch) to 4000rpms the 350 would beat the 34, the 34 has a motor that is has not had the final tune and I have no real idea what difference it will make to the response. But if the run in tune is a guide it should be pretty good.

The 34 with the final tune, approximate 100awkw extra with a bit more response, it would be interesting from idle.

Should be done by Tuesday afternoon.

Chop chop!

Going to try for the Easter school holidays and stay a few days in Sydney.

If they can do it around that time we might be able to meet up after the tune and get your opinion on how it goes :/

They said most of the work needed was done on the Dyno , he said he likes about 1500Klms the motor before the final tune. Said to just drive it as normal but has set the limiter to 5000. Not sure how this works as they take it to 8000 on the Dyno.

They changed the oil after the run in, I have to keep an eye on the water and oil levels for a while, no problems after 400Klms :)

Took it for a run this morning, very smooth but needs the final tune to get more going on down there and lift the limiter out to 80000 :)

Did a few tests on low speed 60 in 6th, no problem anywhere and the same with all of the higher gears, I would say 2 gears better even with the run in tune.

It will be interesting to see what or any difference after the final tune to the low RPMs driving, I am sure it will be mad past 3500

Took it for a run this morning, very smooth but needs the final tune to get more going on down there and lift the limiter out to 80000 :)

Did a few tests on low speed 60 in 6th, no problem anywhere and the same with all of the higher gears, I would say 2 gears better even with the run in tune.

It will be interesting to see what or any difference after the final tune to the low RPMs driving, I am sure it will be mad past 3500

that rev limit! :P

get off sau and drive it

Hi Dave, they said it was set at 5000rpm, I recon it kicks in at 4500rpm , so there is not much time as the turbo starts to work. It is not mad , just very linear from 0-100 ish

Piss off, went for 100klms before my daughter woke up this morning, no traffic , it was nice to drive this car now as is , after the final should be magic :)

I wouldn't expect much change to low revs power (below 3500) after the final tune realistically.

Glad to e proven wrong though

I also hope you are wrong and look forward to trying to prove it, lol

I was hoping for the thing to be spooled by 4000rpms after the tune. I was expecting it to be approximately a 800 to 1000rpms sooner than it was before the build using the same PT6262, but with the new OS Valves and the UE cams getting a bit more air in there , but that may be just wishful thinking :/

Good to see you have it back and hopefully I will get to see it when final tune is done, would be nice to compair side by side with my 3.0 34

It will improve a good amount when they start playing with cam timing, if there is something CRD do well its cam timing, I still use the settings they did on my 32 from 8 years ago and they should have learnt more since then

Dave was pointing out the rev limit is to be set to 80,000rpm :)

• Like 1