SAU Community

Wilson's R33 Gts-t Time Attack Build

BLK-51N

Car was dropped off yesterday to get the guards done should be finished by mid next week. Then car will be sent off for some more work at havoc fab and then off to racepace for some cusco suspension work.

Took a photo of it before I put it on the trailer. Still undecided if I should keep the wheels white or spray them black

post-84279-14374609586873_thumb.jpg

I'm going for pretty much exactly like this guard work front and back.

post-84279-14374610100597_thumb.jpg

If the flare job ends up as good as that blue thing you would have to be happy with that.

Stick with the white centre wheels. More work to keep clean but it will stand out more on the track and in your pics.

If the flare job ends up as good as that blue thing you would have to be happy with that.

Stick with the white centre wheels. More work to keep clean but it will stand out more on the track and in your pics.

Yeh those guards look awesome. I've shown the bloke doing the work this pic and said make it look exactly like this. Gunna cost me a bit but it will be worth it.

I'm with you on that I reckon the white stands out more to. It's defiantly gunna stand out on the track.

Yea my vote is stick with the white wheels.

If you want to attract any form of sponsorship,,, a good looking car goes a long way.

Cheers

Neil.

• Like 1

The rear end will be a comparatively easy.

Front end suggestion - get the ride height down near where you want it, crank on the camber and caster you will need, and with the springs removed from shocks get an idea of what rubs as you move the wheels through their suspension and steering range. Anything looking like rubbing needs some loving with a hammer to give clearance.

Yeah the car will be getting lowered as low as it can go once other side is done then they will be going through with all the clearances problems. I've told them I don't want any rubbing/fouling throughout the steering arch. They've taken a lot out of the guards because they haven't adjusted the height yet and those guards were sitting on the tyres.

Plenty of camber, none of this half-done 2.5 or 3 degrees stuff. Make sure your hardware allows for a good 5 degrees, then with clearance for that amount you'll never have troubles.

The forward tub sections will be the area needing some love, particularly with a bit of caster pulling the wheels forward.

I'm really looking forward to the end result.

Yeh as soon as this work is done I'm gunna send it in to racepace to get there modified cusco arms.

You and me both!! Car should be fully finished in the next 6 weeks.

What do racepace modify on their cusco arms?

Every arm in my 33 is cusco and Ive never run out of any adjustment, running modded knuckles and relatively extreme alignments.

Wondering if Ive missed something?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cars in at racepace atm getting the work done. Slowly running out of time to get it ready for wtac [emoji45]

Keep at it dude. We just put the gearbox back in mine on the weekend.

Use the SAU Nats on the 3rd of Oct as the shakedown.

• 4 weeks later...