SAU Community

No More E-flex At Caltex Pendle Hill End Of February 2015

Andrew R33

2. run a tank of 98 every now and then to clean out the fuel system and avoid gummy buildup in your fuel system

How often do you guys fill up a tank of 98 to clean it?

United have very rapidly raised their prices, I have been considering getting my car retuned back onto 98 so I can get some kms per tank again since I'm not seeing prices as low as they used to be at the pump, it's a joke how much they've raised it.

http://www.agmrc.org/renewable_energy/ethanol/ethanol-gasoline-crude-oil-and-corn-prices-are-the-relationships-changing/

This sort of explains it, basically instead of being set separately to oil prices all together as it should be the bulk ethanol prices actually is dependent on crude oil prices.

Making it not as cheap as it should be. Can't find the original article I read saying it's now being set the same way the parity pricing agreement with oil works.

• 2 weeks later...

From my understanding of ethanol, I wouldn't bother with a tank of 98 to "stop it gumming" as Ethanol is a solvent, which means it will actually clean out the gummy build up, as well as help clear up carbon build ups etc.

No point whining about it, I heard every excuse for not running e85 in Sydney over the years, it's too far away to fill up, Caltex e85 isn't consistent, not enough servo's to run e85 daily...

If more e85 was being sold they would have put more pumps in, end of story. I used to drive 22k's each way to fill up, in the snow with bare feet.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• I love Catalunya.  Got a 1:54.632. The AMG is a hoot.
    • I hadn't got that far, my main worry was the connection to the actual calipers themselves. I'm just using new (ish) stock brake lines in the stock setup. I've just had a stud welded to the knuckle that is a little lower than the original stud (so my knuckles have two studs each side) to not have it be stretched so far in previous BBK setups, so the "block" (in the second picture) mounts a little lower for me and I hope I don't need to change anything. I may have even changed the connection to the calipers in the past and have since forgotten I did that. I may not have. Guess how I'm gonna find out. Source: hopium
    • It's more so I'm using the 1x piece line from HEL that goes from the body to the caliper. There's no middle block/mount like the HFM ones or the GKtech ones. There are certain angles/suspension compression where the line actually slightly contacts the ARB. Below of how mine sit (not my photo): How I want it:  
    • Oh I have mine all sitting in boxes ready to go, two sets of rotors, four sets of pads and caliper rebuild kits. They send a survey asking me if I had installed them months ago :p Grinder not necessary to fit the fronts, and not *really* for the rears. They have some good simple videos on how-to. I don't understand brake lines but from what I understand... somehow... OEM lines work, even though people say 350Z and 370Z use different banjo bolts, so it's possible 350'z had some different setup that Nissan changed to the 370Z/R33/R34 system? ....though are a little short, but past-me made a new bolt hole to bolt them to to reach my current fronts so I should be okay... maybe. In any case HFM don't sell any *different* line kits for R33/R34 front brakes than they do for the 370Z kits. So in my mind they must be compatible or they would have different products made to suit the different calipers. Please test and confirm for me kthx.
    • @Kinkstaah HFM will have a spicy BF sale in November, might be a good time to load up on the adaptors, new lines, etc. Then may the best grinder win lol.