SAU Community

Cadillac Cts Brake Upgrade.

If those piston sizes are right then they are going to be very different from anything that Nissan came with std. Clubbed with bigger rotors... definitely one for people running ABS as without it I would expect it to be lock up city :)

Imma have ta hold out till someone take one for the team and report back. at worse around F50 brembo braking , and i would consider this with some performance friction 2 piece .

If those piston sizes are right then they are going to be very different from anything that Nissan came with std. Clubbed with bigger rotors... definitely one for people running ABS as without it I would expect it to be lock up city :)

LOL...oops

1977480_1467919253491254_875719207386226

10374072_1458557351094111_33752211508925

Those first 2 pics are a laugh, have those people worked out how they are going to bleed the brakes?

Some people shouldnt play with certain things.....

Those first 2 pics are a laugh, have those people worked out how they are going to bleed the brakes?

Some people shouldnt play with certain things.....

They at least had the sense to get he leading edge of the caliper on the correct side of the disc on the car. The pistons are different sizes and getting that wrong would be more problematic than bleeding. The bleeder and bypass lines can be swapped easily.

I agree though, pretty sloppy to have installs like that.

I think thats just a mock up photo. He he simply swap the calipers from left to right or right to left the bleeder screw will move to the top. Simple enough. As for if the master needs to be changed. I haven't heard anthing on that topic as yet. But the american guys just bolted it up and use them without a master change out. No complaints there as yet. Worst case is that there using the 300zx z32 master cylinders. Im the ginny pig as I just ordered a set up and will post my finding when they arrive

what are will you be putting it on?

I think thats just a mock up photo. He he simply swap the calipers from left to right or right to left the bleeder screw will move to the top. Simple enough. As for if the master needs to be changed. I haven't heard anthing on that topic as yet. But the american guys just bolted it up and use them without a master change out. No complaints there as yet. Worst case is that there using the 300zx z32 master cylinders. Im the ginny pig as I just ordered a set up and will post my finding when they arrive

Its not as simple as swapping sides. If you do that the large piston is on the leading edge of the disc. The bleeder and bypass on the caliper needs to be swapped.

Visually they look the same as the Vf brembo calipers, which definitely have different sized pistons.

. Can that be conformed?

Can confirm. Same part.

The SS-V here gets what the US get standard - same caliper.

That's talking VF though, not VE. Unsure of VE, they've mad some silly changes between VE/VF even though it's essentially the same car

• Like 1

Ill be doing it or trying it on a r32 gtr. There saying the caliper brackets will work on the r32 gtr. Ill have to see. If not ill just drop it on my s14 silvia. I have. I have installed skyline calipers on the wrong side and the bleeder nipple was on the bottom side before. Swap them and the nipple went to the top. Thought it might have been as easy as that. But could be wrong. As for the piston thing and the leading edge. Ant know nothing about that. Why would it make a difference. ?? Of you can elaborate a bit im sure the fuzzz in my head would clear up a bit.

Ill be doing it or trying it on a r32 gtr. There saying the caliper brackets will work on the r32 gtr. Ill have to see. If not ill just drop it on my s14 silvia. I have. I have installed skyline calipers on the wrong side and the bleeder nipple was on the bottom side before. Swap them and the nipple went to the top. Thought it might have been as easy as that. But could be wrong. As for the piston thing and the leading edge. Ant know nothing about that. Why would it make a difference. ?? Of you can elaborate a bit im sure the fuzzz in my head would clear up a bit.

Some calipers (a lot) have different sized pistons. They are designed for the small piston to make contact first then the large.

Confusing cos the disc is a circle, imagine putting a dot on the disc and rolling the car forwards. The dot should go past the small piston on the caliper then the larger piston. If the other way around crazy vibrations may occur and probably strange pad wear.

And the reason for the difference with the bleed nipple needing changing or being upside down is some cars have the calipers in front of the axle, some behind.

Sounds heaps confusing now that I have written it. Hope someone can explain it better!

Edited by Ben C34

that makes sense, given the pistons are usually in an offset pattern. The cts/vf have the callipers mounted behind the axle but the gtr's have them facing forward. Although the S chassis are also infront of the axle so there must be a way around this?

Edited by Jaeyon

Are you serious or is this all theory. ??? Wow. I cant see how the piston size can matter. If all the piatons touch that thick metal backing on the brake pads. Can some take a photo of these piston orientation on the calipers for me please. I feel like crap now. Damn. I just bought these. About the front and back of the axle. Thats a whole new idea to me. Just like the piston orientation. Crap:angry::angry::angry:

I got the 4 piston ones. I just realized that this piston orientation may only apply to the six piston ones??

I may have missed that r32. I will check thanks mate.

The 6pot would be overkill, like Fred Flintstone Panic Braking.

MJTru have you bought the 4 piston bracket or the 6 piston? There's photos of the 4 piston setup on an r32 on their facebook page.