SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

I like tuners who tune without afrs or you know winging it

We will be in real time, I have the Haltech program on my laptop, it will be plugged into the ECU and he has the tune in his system. He will be utilizing Teamview and work directly from my ECU and his computer with all of the information he has at hand, hope it works OK ?

Did OK before when we worked on the old ECU, got me to Sydney OK

He wanted $$ for his time I told him to get fckd especially when we took the motor apart and saw evidence of massive detonation.

The motor had been dyno'd numerous times before and had always made very good power. In fact I did a comp test a few weeks before the tune and it was pretty much perfect.

Id tell everyone in Melbourne where not to go :)

He wanted $$ for his time I told him to get fckd especially when we took the motor apart and saw evidence of massive detonation.

The motor had been dyno'd numerous times before and had always made very good power. In fact I did a comp test a few weeks before the tune and it was pretty much perfect.

Id tell everyone in Melbourne where not to go :)

blew your motor up and stuck his hand out for $$$$$$$$$s SHIT!

• Like 1

We will be in real time, I have the Haltech program on my laptop, it will be plugged into the ECU and he has the tune in his system. He will be utilizing Teamview and work directly from my ECU and his computer with all of the information he has at hand, hope it works OK ?

Did OK before when we worked on the old ECU, got me to Sydney OK

Glad you are cool with that.

Sounds crazy to me. Not knowing what the car is a actually doing or what the Afr's are is risky business.

Perhaps they know the tune is crazy rich, so they will back it off to just heaps rich.....

Glad you are cool with that.

Sounds crazy to me. Not knowing what the car is a actually doing or what the Afr's are is risky business.

Perhaps they know the tune is crazy rich, so they will back it off to just heaps rich.....

Maybe I am not worried because I know shit all about it and figure if he stuffs it he fixes it :)

He will have the results of the used plugs to look at, that may give him an idea if one pot is worse than another.

The car will be running and he can see the ECU the same as if it was on the Dyno, well except it wont be in gear with load, but it can be revved .

Can they check coils on an ECU ?

It is going back for a re-tune and the other problems rectified. ASAP !.

Still not sorted?

Take it back to them ASAP. Just incase something actually goes wrong and the engine does go pop.

Yeah, still going but just having a quick look at what is happening with the tune and will get it in and sorted ASAP :/

Maybe have a bit of a read about Tuning and see for yourself. And sure if he's a good bloke he will foot the bill for blowing your motor up.

haha, your a skeptic mate :)

I could read up on tuning and still know nothing, sometimes, ignorance is bliss

I am in a situation where I have had a build and there are a few things to be sorted, the builder has offered to do this, so until this is done and as much as it is a pain in the arse I have no choice but to see what happens..

These blokes have made some pretty good builds and should know what they are doing, when humans have a hand in things there is always the chance of a stuff up :(

People make mistakes, no worries. But not admitting to them or fixing the mistakes is the problem.

Now you hit the nail on the head, my car should never have left the shop from the start, over 5 months waiting another week would have made no difference. What was on their mind to give me the car like that, I am farked if I know ?????????

People saying the warranty doesn't count for anything don't understand how Australian consumer law works.

CRD have a good rep for a reason. As said above mistakes happen. It's how the shop handles it.

If any damage has been cause or anything needs doing, expect it to be free of charge.

It's alright Peter, honestly shit happening is a heap more common than you would think. Just be patient and it will all get sorted. ;)

Just remember to keep CRD on your side. Pissing them off won't get you anywhere.

And trust me when i say i understand how you feel!

• Like 1

Yeah really good point - keep them onside by not going off your rocker but keep been a squeaky door so they don't forgot about it.

I am in NZ and I have heard CRD do some good work/builds. Would expect it to be sort and running mint. I think you should get more power out of 98 than you did and a $1600 tune seems a lot and not sure why it all wasnt done before it left the shot (E85 etc).

People saying the warranty doesn't count for anything don't understand how Australian consumer law works.

CRD have a good rep for a reason. As said above mistakes happen. It's how the shop handles it.

If any damage has been cause or anything needs doing, expect it to be free of charge.

It's alright Peter, honestly shit happening is a heap more common than you would think. Just be patient and it will all get sorted. ;)

Just remember to keep CRD on your side. Pissing them off won't get you anywhere.

And trust me when i say i understand how you feel!

As Above

I am not worried about it, I know they will do the right thing. I also know what I am entitled to expect as a consumer. As I said, they asked me to bring the car in. The touch up we will do is basically to give them a look at the plugs and a chance to go into the ECU and look see if they can touch it up a bit before I take it in..

I am sure if you have read my posts I may sound frustrated but I do not dump on their work as they have done other jobs for me and I have been very pleased with it.

I dumped on the communication at times, I dumped on the time it was taking at times but until now I have not had cause to crap on their skills as mechanics. I cannot help what other people say. I do not think I have mentioned their name, but you blokes know when it all started :/

I know they read these threads and there is not much I have said on SAU that I have not said to them. As blokes they are always pleasant and easy enough to get along with, but the most frustrating company I have ever dealt with. I am lead to believe that many build shops can be a little similar but that does not help when it is your first real go at a build :)

Just want it sorted and be able to enjoy their work

I am sure they will be happy to see the last of my whinging arse :)

Yeah really good point - keep them onside by not going off your rocker but keep been a squeaky door so they don't forgot about it.

I am in NZ and I have heard CRD do some good work/builds. Would expect it to be sort and running mint. I think you should get more power out of 98 than you did and a $1600 tune seems a lot and not sure why it all wasnt done before it left the shot (E85 etc).

Hi Mat, I would have thought that $1600 would have covered a full 98/E85 flex tune , but it is my first build and have no idea what they cost and I guess it varies from shop to shop?

:unsure:

They have had 2 goes at it and it is still has a problem but they need more time to be able to go over it properly for the other problems as well as the tune .

Just dropped the car off to change the plugs and Rego, so I will be able to give them the info they want and then we can move on and sort it out ASAP :)