SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

Ahhh ok, are you having ignition issues?

not that I know about?

They said my exhaust could be 3.5" to allow for better flow,but it is 3.5" so I guess they meant 4" ,haha

I asked for the exhaust system to be quiet without restricting the flow, but now it seems to be too small for the 3.2, but ?

I'm sure it is torquey.....for a 2.6

but compare it to...oh I dunno a blown 6.2 LSA...both at road speeds and revs.

That's what I was getting at

What about a 8.8ltr with a 8/71 superchager in a Mach 1 mustang ?

I walked one of those by 2 car lengths from a rolling start, is that what you mean

• Like 1

3.5 is probably too small pete.. I'd say you need a 4 inch for the first half.. 3.5 after should be fine

Will look into that tomorrow, thanks

If I change the exhaust now, will that throw the tune out ?

What about noise, in a small town I am toast if it pisses people off . Especially the boss

Had a chance this morning to go a little harder for a short bit.

Let it go @ 5000rpm, a little 4 wheel spin and away it went, into 2nd @ 6500 and a little spin and off it went, no lag :)

Mates road is not that long but will try a 6000rpm launch tomorrow and see how it goes, just to get the feel, cannot really test it, by the time I get to 6000rpm in 2nd, I have run out of asphalt road and his house gets in the way :w00t:

Hold the hand brake and slip the clutch a little just before you let go to build boost. If I can bake all fours with 300kw slipping at 5000rpm you should have no dramas.

I do that now, this coppermix is easy, well except for the hand brake :)

What tyres do you have on ? I just got a little spin at 5000 and did not expect any ?

I think with the Quaife front diff and the Trannie mods it makes it takes off like all the wheels are joining in the fun at the start ??

The difference I find without going to a full power type launch is it holds the line , no wobble just gets going where you are pointing it , before it would want to move around a bit more at the arse end.

I am not a real car bloke and find it hard to explain the difference, but it is easier now, smoother and feels balanced if that makes sense ?

Let you know what it is like at 7000rpm ish tomorrow, just have to find out :)

I'm running AD08's at the moment. My clapped out 4WD system probably doesn't help so you most likely have a fair bit more traction than I do.

If it doesn't bog down and just gets up and goes them I'm sure all is well.

I'm running AD08's at the moment. My clapped out 4WD system probably doesn't help so you most likely have a fair bit more traction than I do.

If it doesn't bog down and just gets up and goes them I'm sure all is well.

Before the build I had 345awkw and it had to be 7000rpm not to get a bit of lag, would have been interesting to see how that worked with the new clutch.

I have some AD08Rs , 265/35 X 18 ready to go on.

Do you like your AD08s

Before the build I had 345awkw and it had to be 7000rpm not to get a bit of lag, would have been interesting to see how that worked with the new clutch.

Wouldn't have changed. 2.6 will always need rpm with that setup.

I have some AD08Rs , 265/35 X 18 ready to go on.

Do you like your AD08s

For me, anything above 5000rpm works but I guess little turbo's help.

That's the size I run and I love them. Awesome on the street and track.

Wouldn't have changed. 2.6 will always need rpm with that setup.

Not having the torque I thought with a more forgiving clutch it would rev threw the initial engagement , instead of that on/off of the OS quad. Not sure what I mean,need a red :)

Not having the torque I thought with a more forgiving clutch it would rev threw the initial engagement , instead of that on/off of the OS quad. Not sure what I mean,need a red :)

The coppermix isn't slipping, it's just nicer under the foot.

The clutch can't help the nugget 2.6 unfortunately. ;)

The coppermix isn't slipping, it's just nicer under the foot.

The clutch can't help the nugget 2.6 unfortunately. ;)

I did not say slipping, they engage as you want them to, slow or just let them go.

But who gives a shit, this car is a heap of shit the way it is, still wont go over 6000rpm without going tits up, so much for them fixing the problem on Monday, shit I had to stay another night in a Hotel for them to take it for a drive around the bloke , they should have put it on the dyno for fark sake !!!!!!