SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

As for torque monster....its only 3.2L

No engine with only 3.2L to play with will be a low down torque monster

Arh yeah, you should climb into my 32 one day, only 2.6 and a massive torque monster

I was in Canberra over the weekend with the 34 doing the hill climb

• Like 1

You can't tune past 25 on 98, if you're lucky.

You'll get heaps more on E85. e.g. my car made 100kw more with 2-3psi increase on E85, over 98

Paul was saying something similar and I will do an E85 tune but not a lot of chances to use it here and I am happy enough with how it runs on 98, it is fun as a DD :)

It will be interesting to see what the E85 produces with this builds specs ?. Looking at some posts it seems to vary quite a bit from car to car ??

Dont get me wrong, this car gets up and goes pretty good and is easy on the bends with the more linear acceleration and the drive train seems great, smooth and planted , but pushed really hard ??????

The thing is. Why get a big hp turbo and not use it to its potential?

If you really wanted response then you could have gotten a smaller single that would spool quicker and get you to 380/400 kW

I was learning, took a T78 off and put the 6262 on and it went much better, still not happy BUT accept for the cams I kept most of the bolt ons and did the 3.2 build. If I am not happy I will do something about it,.

But for now happy enough, tomorrow ???

The thing is. Why get a big hp turbo and not use it to its potential?

If you really wanted response then you could have gotten a smaller single that would spool quicker and get you to 380/400 kW

On petrol? As said earlier, you're really boost limited on 98, WHICH HE IS ON ATM!

Give the bloke a chance to get it drunk and turn the wick up.

I can't see a smaller turbo on 98 getting close to the 400 mark.

Far too many guys just look at the peak number. I'm sure if guys got in it and drove the thing they would get out pretty impressed. Midrange grunt > topend. Keep the top end for pissing in your mates pockets in the pub.

Wow. Tell us what you really think Paul.

Anyways. Wouldn't be a problem if he wasn't hell bent on response. But now it's a double standard.

Not my car.

Paul never says what is on his mind, wimpy fag !

Where is the double standard ?

I expected more but happy with what I have, it is a well balanced DD, goes quick and holds the road like shat to a blanket, all good :wub:

Just a couple of tweaks and :)

• Like 1

I expected more but happy with what I have, it is a well balanced DD, goes quick and holds the road like shat to a blanket, all good :wub:

/thread over

Next!

• Like 1

Its all good, like Paul said no doubt it will be a torque monster. More boost and ethenol will make heaps of difference. If your spark is failing which sounds like it may be the case, id consider getting a Morris tech ignitor like myself and Paul (I know you already have spitfire coil packs).

And I agree with Micks post.. CRD are a rip, I've seen some of their invoices and they prey on the unknowing. And their tunes are not the best in the business.

Best result would be.

Get password, take to UE, get re-tune.. Happy days.. If they built the engine properly, it won't blow up

• Like 1

$1600 :(

It is hard being in this situation, I have an expensive build and once I change shops my warranty goes out the window and the new shop does not put their warranty on the car ?

There are a few things I am not happy with and will try and work it out first.

Its all good, like Paul said no doubt it will be a torque monster. More boost and ethenol will make heaps of difference. If your spark is failing which sounds like it may be the case, id consider getting a Morris tech ignitor like myself and Paul (I know you already have spitfire coil packs).

And I agree with Micks post.. CRD are a rip, I've seen some of their invoices and they prey on the unknowing. And their tunes are not the best in the business.

Best result would be.

Get password, take to UE, get re-tune.. Happy days.. If they built the engine properly, it won't blow up

The 34 has built in ignitors, the Mojo LS2 kit is what i'm going to get

• Like 1

Arh yeah, you should climb into my 32 one day, only 2.6 and a massive torque monster

I was in Canberra over the weekend with the 34 doing the hill climb

I'm sure it is torquey.....for a 2.6

but compare it to...oh I dunno a blown 6.2 LSA...both at road speeds and revs.

That's what I was getting at