SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

if it's tuned on lambda u can swap over maps automatically on the haltech from 98 to eflex whatever.

My last tune whenever i had e60 in my tank it would change over to the e85 map...

Opposite way for pump map

I'm sure you could, but you'd need a laptop and access.

I mean being able to have another tune done on the car while there was a tune was running the car.

I am sorry but I do not know how to explain it.

If they can lock your ECU, can you still have a new tune to over ride the old tune.

No one seems to know if you can have 2 tunes on a Haltech and be able to swap ?

I believe you can.

It's best to get the ethanol sensor and get a flex tune done.

The ecu will automatically adjust to the ethanol content.

Tune costs more due to more time required, but it's worth it to not worry about map switching and fuel mixing.

Depends on a range of things for sure but it occurred to me that if this turbo is good for around 400kw and generally gives its best at just over 20 psi then it's probably a very good result. No experience with a 6262 so I really don't know. Need to know what we're looking at before assessing if it's a 'good' outcome or not.

I have no experience either but I believe these turbos will make over 500kw at more than 40psi so would be keen to see it at around 30 psi. You could have some fun for a while and then turn it down if it is too much of a pig as a DD.

Of course a good outcome is what the owner (who is paying for all this) sees as good.

• Like 1

I have to say I expected more from the tune, maybe too much ?

Aside from the issues with the misfiring etc, what were you hoping for? More response, more top end power? You always said you were after approx. 400rwkw which is roughly what you got so I'm assuming it's not the peak power.

I believe you can.

It's best to get the ethanol sensor and get a flex tune done.

The ecu will automatically adjust to the ethanol content.

Tune costs more due to more time required, but it's worth it to not worry about map switching and fuel mixing.

I paid top odds for the petrol tune$1600 and that seems way to high

I'm surprised at the conservative result.

The head was ported and the compression ratio was low.

I expected more.

The head was not ported, they said the head would be fine, 1mm OS valves and 8.5:1 CR

From what most said I expected more, but I will wait until I get the bug out of the tune and see how it goes :/

Aside from the issues with the misfiring etc, what were you hoping for? More response, more top end power? You always said you were after approx. 400rwkw which is roughly what you got so I'm assuming it's not the peak power.

I expected it to go harder down low, I think I listened to some blokes with the "torque monster" bit, haha

I thought it may have been tuned to around 28 psi and 15 to 20psi on the low side. Even on the run in tune @15psi it was a good DD and only needed the limiter lifted

The PT6262 CEA is good for 700HP , I did not expect this, just wanted a Turbo that could handle more if needed.

All of the bolt ons were good for 450awkw ish , so E85 was going to be my mad time rides :) But that will have to wait :/

I think a lot of you guys are dissapointed with 380kws out of a 6262.

I dont see why...they make power with big boost...which you cant do on 98

e85 and jam 2.5bar down its throat will wake it up.

As for torque monster....its only 3.2L

No engine with only 3.2L to play with will be a low down torque monster

I expected it to go harder down low, I think I listened to some blokes with the "torque monster" bit, haha

I thought it may have been tuned to around 28 psi and 15 to 20psi on the low side. Even on the run in tune @15psi it was a good DD and only needed the limiter lifted

The PT6262 CEA is good for 700HP , I did not expect this, just wanted a Turbo that could handle more if needed.

All of the bolt ons were good for 450awkw ish , so E85 was going to be my mad time rides :) But that will have to wait :/

You can't tune past 25 on 98, if you're lucky.

You'll get heaps more on E85. e.g. my car made 100kw more with 2-3psi increase on E85, over 98