SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

V8's are overrated, Just set that RB up properly, look at the results with FP turbo's, an FP35 combo would give you what you want both response and top end with right housing, just look at 34GeeTee's results with only a FP3076 on an RB25, he got 390kw's with big mid range, with a 3.2L and FP35 it could be a perfect match...

The only way I will know is when the next work is done and there are results to compare, main test is driving it.

The Skyline is something that gets into your blood , why, farked if I really know ???????????

Who knows :P

I reckon enjoy the car for a bit, no more thinking about mods!! Then get the car looked at by DVS or whoever and go from there.

Who knows :P

I reckon enjoy the car for a bit, no more thinking about mods!! Then get the car looked at by DVS or whoever and go from there.

I do enjoy it, but it is not finished and I was always going to do the surge tank and pod cover, just adding the flex tune , well not adding it, I thought it was getting done with the build :)

ok - I want to see a vid of this launching. Did they setup launch control?

Good point, I think the Haltech Plat/Pro has that function, has to be better than some of my efforts, haha

When it is done I will do a Vid of a launch, have to give you blokes a laugh after all of this crap :)

Would it really need it? being a street car and such a responsive setup

I do not think it matters if a car is responsive or not to have launch control, they have it on the GT-Rs and they are very responsive.

I see it is easy enough for a mechanic to set it up, so maybe :)

Does it stay active all the time or is there a button/switch to activate it?

The key is to use the handbrake and clutch to pre load the drivetrain so you dont "shock" it upon take off

Thats what I said I do, I feel the clutch engaging before I take off.

Listened to blokes saying take it to 7000rpm and step off, no thanks! I will make it as easy as I can on the driveline :)

I take it to 7krpm sometimes more depending how sticky the bitumen is

This was when I first bought the car, if I did not do 7k it went nowhere.

I do around 5k now and that seems pretty good, I also have AD08Rs on and they are pretty soft

haha what they did setup launch control - It sits there in your power band and lets your boost build and then load it up and release.

That is why new GTR's have it as well as all super cars.

haha what they did setup launch control - It sits there in your power band and lets your boost build and then load it up and release.

That is why new GTR's have it as well as all super cars.

That because they are basically autos, you know, so the launch doesn't rely on driver skill. He he.

Would rather have a skyline auto, big stall with a trans-brake. :D

He already knows the answer. He is just ignoring it. An engine is just an air pump. His results are on par with a majority of other results using the same turbo on 3l+ capacity but somehow he believes it should be different. Maybe some fairy dust and a happy dyno is what he needs.

Have u had a car with a restricted turbine that caused boost to drop as peters did?

No issues with mine holding boost with a similar size turbine wheel.

post-11223-0-55842900-1435914348_thumb.jpg

• Like 2