SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

GO HIGHER POWER MUHAHAHAHAHA. I did caps to convince you.

This thread has taught me alot about turbo sizing and how it all works - thanks team.

And no its not max for pump fuel - mine hit 404KW with max'ed injectors and turbos still had puff (2.6L).

Pegged back to 370+.

The PT6262 CEA was not put on this 3.2 build, it was done to replace the T78 on the 2.6 and recommended by the builder as it would not be hard to fit to the existing setup. It was much better

I left the 6262 on to see if it worked on the 3.2 build , if not, it could always be changed.

The flex fuel sensor was an after thought and something my son could use if he wanted. I cannot buy E85 here.

While it is on the Dyno they will be able to have a better idea if a different Turbo would do the job better and then choose one to do the job. But I am not taking it off until the new mechanic recommends it.

So enough of guessing, time to wait and see, if I have to change the turbo, then you can say, I TOLD YOU SO :spank:

GO HIGHER POWER MUHAHAHAHAHA. I did caps to convince you.

This thread has taught me alot about turbo sizing and how it all works - thanks team.

And no its not max for pump fuel - mine hit 404KW with max'ed injectors and turbos still had puff (2.6L).

Pegged back to 370+.

LOL, Talking to a builder that used the 6262 on his 2.6 and it was full boost around 4300rpm :)

Originally I was going to run my hks t04z on my current motor, some guys said it would be responsive but they also said that the turbo is still small for the engine. It was going onto my 2.7 stroker, to4z is equivalent to 6262

Originally I was going to run my hks t04z on my current motor, some guys said it would be responsive but they also said that the turbo is still small for the engine. It was going onto my 2.7 stroker, to4z is equivalent to 6262

What did you want from your car, a lot of blokes here are saying the 6262 is too big to get response, duh?

Wish I knew a little more, but time will sort that out and not too long to go :/

What did you want from your car, a lot of blokes here are saying the 6262 is too big to get response, duh?

Wish I knew a little more, but time will sort that out and not too long to go :/

my setup is built for weekend drives and the odd power cruise etc just straight line attack, my motor was built to run e85 CR 9.1:1

I originally was happy to run the t04z for response but then I change my mind as now we are trying to build a fast responsive 1000hp, now running precision 6870 also my setup will be revved to 9,500-10,000rpm

So pretty much drag power band

I wouldn't bother with the e85 tune if I were you as you said you can't get a hold of it regularly.

i also think CRD has done a good job on the tune. Seems good and safe as my tuner also doesn't like big boost on pump fuel.

pick how much power you would be happy with and build your setup around it

But that's just my opinion,

Edited by QUP29

my setup is built for weekend drives and the odd power cruise etc just straight line attack, my motor was built to run e85 CR 9.1:1

I originally was happy to run the t04z for response but then I change my mind as now we are trying to build a fast responsive 1000hp, now running precision 6870 also my setup will be revved to 9,500-10,000rpm

Sounds like you are going to have a ton of fun , all the best :cheers:

I wouldn't bother with the e85 tune if I were you as you said you can't get a hold of it regularly.

i also think CRD has done a good job on the tune. Seems good and safe as my tuner also doesn't like big boost on pump fuel.

pick how much power you would be happy with and build your setup around it

But that's just my opinion,

The E85 is just an option.

Not going on about the tune and I do not care about the boost level, the question is , why does it drop of. As you know there was a major problem with the tune and it would cough and fart over 6000rpm. I wonder if by dropping the boost off it might be masking the original problem. I ask the builder but did not get an answer why the boost is tapering off by 5.5psi.

I find this a fair question to ask and would expect an answer , but ????

They know you aren't coming back, you've plastered it all over this thread. Basically you left happy and now they are leaving at that, but because a bunch of people jumped on here and said "why is the boost falling away" now you want answers

Time is money and you have no interest in spending money with them anymore, so they will give their time to people who will. I know of workshops that charge for time on phone

They know you aren't coming back, you've plastered it all over this thread. Basically you left happy and now they are leaving at that, but because a bunch of people jumped on here and said "why is the boost falling away" now you want answers

Time is money and you have no interest in spending money with them anymore, so they will give their time to people who will. I know of workshops that charge for time on phone

He already knows the answer. He is just ignoring it. An engine is just an air pump. His results are on par with a majority of other results using the same turbo on 3l+ capacity but somehow he believes it should be different. Maybe some fairy dust and a happy dyno is what he needs.

• Like 1

What he needs to do is decide if he likes the way the car drives or not and stop looking at dyno sheets and close down this thread so he doesn't have everyone's opinion and just has his own

• Like 1

He already knows the answer. He is just ignoring it. An engine is just an air pump. His results are on par with a majority of other results using the same turbo on 3l+ capacity but somehow he believes it should be different. Maybe some fairy dust and a happy dyno is what he needs.

If I knew the answer, I would not ask the question.

Your saying other blokes have the same Dyno results as mine, I do not mean the HP, show me one where it tapers off around 5000rpm and the bloke is not asking why, love to see it/them

No, it does not drive how I want it, maybe it never will , give me some of your fairy dust :)

Type in 'PT6262 graphs' in Google images, click on the sites and you will see for yourself what the results are. From supra forums to bimmer to evo forums your turbo does the same thing, that is it peaks at 5k to 6k and then loses 5+ psi when it goes beyond its VE. Actually all turbos will. That's why they go from a 6262 to a 6266 or 6466 with less restrictive turbine side where their VE limit is not tested and they hold boost to higher rpm. Invest 2 hours in doing this and you will never ask 'why' again.

Just for the record, for someone that wants low end torque I think your setup is awesome, but you are just getting sucked into the peak HP, chest beating, dyno queen head space, do yoirself a favour and forget about it. Just drive the thing for a year. Don't worry about the numbers.

Edited by XGTRX
  • Like 2

V8's are overrated, Just set that RB up properly, look at the results with FP turbo's, an FP35 combo would give you what you want both response and top end with right housing, just look at 34GeeTee's results with only a FP3076 on an RB25, he got 390kw's with big mid range, with a 3.2L and FP35 it could be a perfect match...

Edited by AngryRB