SAU Community

Educated Guess At The Final Tune Results

Nismo 3.2ish

Sounds nothing like your average 400kw rb26.

Obviously a horrible setup.

Would be like chalk and cheese to what you have now.

It was 338awkw with a T78 screwed on when I bought it and it was shit as a DD. After puttering around in this for more than a week I needed a rope and a tree.

This was not a normal RB26 R34GTR, it was modified and I am sure a standard R34GTR would have been so much better as a DD.

I just don't understand the logic of why you want all that torque and power down low.

Maybe its because I drove a car with a high stall for so long and loved the fact that for everyday duties it was lazy and much nicer and easier to drive compare to before the converter went in. Similar to changing from stock to -5s which made the car nicer to drive daily.

I suppose I don't like setups that are surgy and re sponsive that makes for a nervous and less livable drive for daily duties, for me anyway.

If I want to putter around, I drive my Tiida , why would I spend this sort of $s to putter around and you can still drive a responsive car slowly, use a light foot and they are great , well I think so and that is all that matters , for me ?

Surgy and responsive makes you nervous, how farking old are you. Do you want to buy my Tiida ?

Edited by Nismo 3.2ish
  • Like 3

It was 338awkw with a T78 screwed on when I bought it and it was shit as a DD. After puttering around in this for more than a week I needed a rope and a tree.

This was not a normal RB26 R34GTR, it was modified and I am sure a standard R34GTR would have been so much better as a DD.

as i said horrible set up,.330kw setup should not be too far off stockish response

If I want to putter around, I drive my Tiida , why would I spend this sort of $s to putter around and you can still drive a responsive car slowly, use a light foot and they are great , well I think so and that is all that matters , for me ?

Surgy and responsive makes you nervous, how farking old are you. Do you want to buy my Tiida ?

Didn't say it makes me nervous, just less relaxing to drive a surgy car in peak hour daily duties.

As I said I drive mine daily in peak hour, so yeah i putter around because i want to drive it everyday, legally, with no headaches and it stays in the left lane so as people pass me they can admire the beauty of an R33. So it stays in low rpm with hardly any boost and no BOV huffing away.

I have nothing to prove on the street as those days are long gone.

But regardless, I am just a gear change away from 350 odd kws of evil, and soon I will hopefully have more lag and more power.

Just the way I like it. :yes:

Didn't say it makes me nervous, just less relaxing to drive a surgy car in peak hour daily duties.

As I said I drive mine daily in peak hour, so yeah i putter around because i want to drive it everyday, legally, with no headaches and it stays in the left lane so as people pass me they can admire the beauty of an R33. So it stays in low rpm with hardly any boost and no BOV huffing away.

But regardless, I am just a gear change away from 350 odd kws of evil, and soon I will hopefully have more lag and more power.

Mate whatever makes you happy, just like me :rolleyes:

Read your post, = "I suppose I don't like setups that are surgy and responsive that makes for a nervous and less livable drive for daily duties, for me anyway."

My car is pretty quiet , but I will wait and see what it sounds like when I get it back and then I will look to see if I need to change mufflers , Mick said mine is pretty good .

I do not hoon around and do enjoy a quiet drive in a fast car and that is what I have now. But I like to play without revving the shit out of it to get it off the line, that is a bad look for a DD and would rather be able to get going from idle, well close to idle ?

I can go back to the start of all of this and Scotty said my motor is not like my TT350GT with a torquey 3.5L new age motor and I thought I understood what he said, but not totally , I have learnt a little since then and should have shut my mouth, sorry Scotty I could have used some help from you, read a lot of you posts and you are a wealth on knowledge :cheers:

Are u on drugs???

Have you ever driven a well set up responsive turbo ?

• Like 2

Are u on drugs???

Have you ever driven a well set up responsive turbo ?

• Like 1

Mate whatever makes you happy, just like me :rolleyes:

Read your post, = "I suppose I don't like setups that are surgy and responsive that makes for a nervous and less livable drive for daily duties, for me anyway."

My car is pretty quiet , but I will wait and see what it sounds like when I get it back and then I will look to see if I need to change mufflers , Mick said mine is pretty good .

I do not hoon around and do enjoy a quiet drive in a fast car and that is what I have now. But I like to play without revving the shit out of it to get it off the line, that is a bad look for a DD and would rather be able to get going from idle, well close to idle ?

I can go back to the start of all of this and Scotty said my motor is not like my TT350GT with a torquey 3.5L new age motor and I thought I understood what he said, but not totally , I have learnt a little since then and should have shut my mouth, sorry Scotty I could have used some help from you, read a lot of you posts and you are a wealth on knowledge :cheers:

Don't know wtf your are on about.

Just because your 26 was a pig of a setup, dont think that its the norm, because its not. We dont have to rev and dump off the line along with all the other rubbish you had to go through because we don't have drag setups that we try to drive on the street. I can drive my car quite sedately as a daily without revving the guts out.

Fark mate don't take it personally, I was just initially responding to another poster then you decided to comment. I am not having a go at your setup at all... Actually far from it, but you obviously have a delusion about 26s all being like the rubbish you had.

haha, mate if you took SAU personally, you would neck yourself :)

My 26 was shit but I have always said it was and that I have never driven another R , so I did not know the difference. But I knew they had to be better than mine or no one would buy the heaps of shit!

I have since seen many 26s in Vids that look great and go hard, all good

You can drive any car regardless of how responsive it is like a Hurst if you want to ?

Go too hard you could use it as a Hurst, save a few $s :)

Lock it druncan

Even I am here getting dumber and I didn't think that was possible

Don;t be hard on yourself Fatz , I am sure we can all manage a little more dumber, we are blokes :)

Duncan, we are still talking about Skylines , driving and our preferences for many things . It may not always be technical or how fast you can go around a track, up a hill or some great build or anything that interests you. It is just a bit of talk that has dragged on because my build went tits up :(

Hadouken, :spank:

I have had some good feedback , thanks.

For anyone interested in the result , it is booked in for the 17th :banana: I will post the results and what was done to fix the car ASAP :)