SAU Community

New Wasteland Wa Topic

Hattori Hanzo 69

This snorkel template is shite. I don’t wanna drill the guard haha
Is it round? Masking tape the paint. Put the 1/4" hole through first before the holesaw so it doesn't grab and pull on the thin metal. A 1/4" shaft in the holesaw will be better than a drill to stop wandering. Hold the drill at the required angle, high pressure low revs. trefolex rtd or any lube. Whalla. Quality holesaw and arbour a must.

morning kunce!!!

So, today is the 20th wedding anniversary (insert joke here about less time served if I had murdered instead of married etc)
apparently 20th is China, so the decision is, intercooler or pit bike?
Congrats dale, we hit the 20th this year, f'ing long time mate. By chance availability and what not I married the wife on her birthday. 1 gift to rule them all. Never forget because my mum msgs me All birthdays a week before;-) show us your mum;-)

U can still get them cheap if ur willing to buy a bit of a dog. I look at around 10 cars befor i brought my last one. Im in no rush so il do the same again till i find a yellow one

Fyp brah

Is it round? Masking tape the paint. Put the 1/4" hole through first before the holesaw so it doesn't grab and pull on the thin metal. A 1/4" shaft in the holesaw will be better than a drill to stop wandering. Hold the drill at the required angle, high pressure low revs. trefolex rtd or any lube. Whalla. Quality holesaw and arbour a must.

Came with a hole saw. Ran a 1/4 pilot them bam!

Drilled through the template slowly then added more pressure as it went through metal. Paint all good right up to the edge
  • Like 1

Came with a hole saw. Ran a 1/4 pilot them bam!

Drilled through the template slowly then added more pressure as it went through metal. Paint all good right up to the edge
Awesomeness, I remember as a apprentice drilling though 80 series land cruiser Sahara's for the snorkel. Was earning 20grand a year cruiser was worth 80 grand. :-o

10 hours ago, hattori hanzo said:

This thread appears to get the most WA Traffic 

anyone selling some 275 / 40 / 17 drag radials in WA, prefer Mickey Thompson ETs 

also after a set of 33 GTR rims, or any legit jap rams in 17x9 +20 or so 

Cheers, 

jeez some people, treating this place like a car forum :rolleyes:

sorry bro, no help here.

On 25/01/2018 at 10:41 PM, hattori hanzo said:

This thread appears to get the most WA Traffic 

anyone selling some 275 / 40 / 17 drag radials in WA, prefer Mickey Thompson ETs 

also after a set of 33 GTR rims, or any legit jap rams in 17x9 +20 or so 

Cheers, 

I havent got what ur after but i am curious about what ur gonna be doing with said items? Whoop ass, fast fridays or full weekend racing?

On 1/27/2018 at 1:37 PM, R33kizza said:

I havent got what ur after but i am curious about what ur gonna be doing with said items? Whoop ass, fast fridays or full weekend racing?

Just whoop ass Wednesday mate, 

I don't live in Australia, however I am back for a few weeks shortly so wanted to give it a nudge on radials. 

Have had josh at Galvsport doing some testing while i am OS. 

So plan is to do a pass on the AD08s to match Josh's time 

Racewars 

then bolt radials on to see how we go.  

Result from Josh's testing below 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FWvx1LB5Bs

• Like 1

We went away last week and the fridge in our van held food for 3 days plus a bottle of champagne and 40 beers.

Should be big enough I reckon

Trying to plan a shake down 2 night stay thinking Collie end of March and take the pups got any hidden spots I should know about?

Glen Mervyn dam, Minninup pool (and sandy bay right next door)

Mebbe even head out towards the power station and take a look at Stockton Lake?

However -  there is a track running from the highway (before the cemetry..) near the biblimum track called "Collie Scenic Drive" that takes you along the river towards the back of Collie towards minninup pool etc, and it has a crapload of perfect little camping/marroning/swimming spots. Dunno why its not better signposted, just watch out for dudes on dirt bikes :)

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/33°20'39.8"S+116°06'28.6"E/@-33.3443981,116.1069967,419m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d-33.3444005!4d116.1079296

• Like 1