SAU Community

New Wasteland Wa Topic

Hattori Hanzo 69

Epic long weekend. Spent 3/4 days working around the house.

Removed about 3-4 swimming pools worth of dirt to make room for a 50m retaining wall. Took about 10-12 hours.

Dropped 4 big ass trees and cut them up and stacked behind shed.

Cleaned gutters then fitted 88m of gutter guard

Ran piping from fire to other end of house for ducting system. Was quiet and enough flow so bought the elbows and joiners and got everything up in the roof to finish off on a cooler day.

Adjusted timing and idle speed on the boat and general going over.

Tomorrow... relaxing day squidding with the boys on the boat
Animal. That's alot of big jobs. [emoji23]

feel dat pain bro
still a week away from next surgical review
("might" be allowed back on the bike after this one)
new job is fkn killing me, and reminding me of my passionate, long standing hatred of all things AutoCAD, but goddamn if it isnt refreshing doing something other than moving massive piles of rust about the state
What have you been draughting?

Animal. That's alot of big jobs. [emoji23]

It’s never fkn ending.

Cut up a tonne of ally today to make a stone deflector for the front of the van to handle the 800km of gravel in July. Just need to organise someone to glue it together.

Also modified the awning on the van today and have measured up to make an ally frame to slide out of the boat roof and put shade in the back of the boat.

Ally is awesome, just need a decent mig in the shed now :/
  • Like 1

feel dat pain bro
still a week away from next surgical review
("might" be allowed back on the bike after this one)
new job is fkn killing me, and reminding me of my passionate, long standing hatred of all things AutoCAD, but goddamn if it isnt refreshing doing something other than moving massive piles of rust about the state

Allowed by doctor or Robyn?
  • Like 1

It’s never fkn ending.

Cut up a tonne of ally today to make a stone deflector for the front of the van to handle the 800km of gravel in July. Just need to organise someone to glue it together.

Also modified the awning on the van today and have measured up to make an ally frame to slide out of the boat roof and put shade in the back of the boat.

Ally is awesome, just need a decent mig in the shed now [emoji32]
Ali mig can be a pain in the ass without the right gas and a push pull gun. You would at least need a Teflon liner and set the pinch rollers very loose to stop the soft wire making bird nests around the pinch rollers. It also hammers spatter like glue everywhere and would need to be 1.2mm thick wire and tips which runs better on a argon/helium gas. A little inverter tig that does Ac would probably be better. then you would only need argon and could weld s/s m/s Ali and also stick welding. Then just changing between thoriated and zirconated tungstens. I finally gave up on our 40yr old analogue pulse water cooled tig [emoji8] the little inverter can do all the same jobs but is air cooled with extremely accurate digital pulse settings. The old machine is 1200x1200x1200. Plus the radiator and cooling tank. You can carry the new Kempi on your shoulder with a strap.

Just pulled the golf clubs out because the masters is on. I used to play of 10-12 handicap pennants etc. Made a few chips wedges and full golf shots. Haven't played in anger since I done the discs in the lower back twice a few years ago. I'm currently packing up the clubs balls etc. [emoji26]

12 hours ago, Beyond Blue R33 said:

little bit of everything, really.

Just finished a dust suppression project for Port Hedland, new job is a mineral sand mine and processing plant

(I do design, not shop detailing, motly)

12 hours ago, t_revz said:

Allowed by doctor or Robyn?

Both :(

but mostly doctors

Havent been allowed to lift more than 3kg since Dec

Ali mig can be a pain in the ass without the right gas and a push pull gun. You would at least need a Teflon liner and set the pinch rollers very loose to stop the soft wire making bird nests around the pinch rollers. It also hammers spatter like glue everywhere and would need to be 1.2mm thick wire and tips which runs better on a argon/helium gas. A little inverter tig that does Ac would probably be better. then you would only need argon and could weld s/s m/s Ali and also stick welding. Then just changing between thoriated and zirconated tungstens. I finally gave up on our 40yr old analogue pulse water cooled tig [emoji8] the little inverter can do all the same jobs but is air cooled with extremely accurate digital pulse settings. The old machine is 1200x1200x1200. Plus the radiator and cooling tank. You can carry the new Kempi on your shoulder with a strap.

Guys at work mig only because of the speed I guess. I don’t think they have a dedicated welder for ally. Just set it up and do a tonne of jobs at once.
  • Like 1

Hey peeps,

Just got myself a R32. . Really want to see some other skylines in WA and get some ideas about good modifications and some aftermarket ideas for the car.

Anyone keen for a drive and chat about the cars  (metro area between 11- 18th April?)

Lots to chat about. . . was such a mission obtaining one of these cars. . . 

Now stuck with something nice I shouldn't modify 0_o and all I want to do is single turbo it lol.

Cheers.

• Like 2

OH bit of a lame question. . . .

Anyone know if 18 x 9.5 +15 sit ok on R32 gtr. . .? Original wheels 17x8 +30

These new ones go inwards (towards suspension strut) 4mm

and poke out off guard 34mm. . (34 mm sounds like ALOT) Wont rub or look crap. . .?

• Like 1

They will sit perfectly on an R32 GTR and sit flush to the guard (will not poke out). R32 GTR Rim of choice :1311_thumbsup_tone2:

Will not rub/scrub. Make sure your tyres are a 255

Edited by Anonymouse
  • Like 1