SAU Community

Equal Length Front Pipe Made In Sydney?

my 2cents:

I think you've tried making one in the past and you probably stuffed it up or found it to be quite difficult so you decided to convince yourself and your customer that it does nothing and is a waste of time.

don't be offended a lot people take this approach.

when clearly people are changing nothing other than a front pipe and reporting first hand that IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE IN SOUND AND..."some" also report slight power gains.

MINES have also been known to make pretty good cars and they clearly state that they are only interested in modifications that make a DIFFERENCE IN PERFORMANCE.

My 2c

By the same logic applied above, people who have shelled out $000's on front pipes or equal length pipes will "convince" themselves there is a positive difference in order to justify the spend and maintain the shoppers high they so desperately need.

Just. Do. It.

• Like 3

My 2c

By the same logic applied above, people who have shelled out $000's on front pipes or equal length pipes will "convince" themselves there is a positive difference in order to justify the spend and maintain the shoppers high they so desperately need.

Just. Do. It.

this, all of this!! And don't forget mines will tell you they are better cause they salesmen and they want you to buy their product.

Power gain is probably going to a bigger front pipe, or something else.

I paid $250 for my front pipe (off fatz), money well spent :P.

Scotty, I think you mixed up something from that video, the first two 'runs' were inside the car, the other two were outside/sound sourced elsewhere (so went HKS inside -> MINE'S inside -> HKS outside -> MINE'S outside). The sound difference (in that video) between the HKS and MINE'S front pipes is pretty small IMO. MINE's one gives a bit more 'bark'.

If anyone has a twin 3 inch with no merge at all would love to hear that sample just to compare them

fatz had that HKS twin exhaust on his car, there might be some videos floating around somewhere.

Mines achieved something, they achieved the placebo effect, just watch their r34 "response monster" video it's a laggy dog with really really short diff gears in it

• Like 2

Mines achieved something, they achieved the placebo effect, just watch their r34 "response monster" video it's a laggy dog with really really short diff gears in it

But

but

standard bore increases response

:unsure:

Lol this is getting out of hand.

I agree with the placebo effect.

I don't think anyone in their right mind expects super awesome fun time power gains from a front pipe change of the same diameter but just spaghettified.

A laggy dog that can lap Tsukuba in 57s in a full weight R34 GTR...

No one said it wasn't fast, but it's not responsive

Oh and it was an n1 so not quite a full weight r34 Gtr

Have you driven it to call it laggy? Have you seen its dyno sheet? Or are you basing this off of the videos you have seen...

Yes I agree that the reason why it appears to be so quick is because of its short diff gear ratios, however calling it a laggy dog is an over exaggeration... At the end of the day, it is a well set-up car and hence why it is fast

And n1 gtr's weigh about the same as a standard gtr: http://www.jlimports.com.au/nissan-skyline-r34-gt-r-1

So yes, it is a full weight r34 gtr

You can see when it falls off boost they wait, wait and go,

I understand that its a hero car to so many people (it was to me for a while) but sometimes you need to step back and see things for what they really are. It's a set of 2530s on a 2.6 Gtr there is enough evidence around to show how they respond

And it didn't do a 57 are Tsukuba just because of a couple of diff gears and some turbos, it has some serious suspension and brakes sitting under it as well

Im not defending it because it is a hero car, I was more so having a dig at that "laggy dog" comment and how you can make such a statement from only watching the car in videos, and despite the fact that professional racers who have actually driven the car have praised it on its acceleration.

And yes I agree that there is much more to the car than just the engine set-up that makes it fast - and no not the front pipes

thanks Piggaz iv got a tomei stroker too so should be the best comparison yet.

On the dyno. It's the best video I have sorry :/

th_36C2F2CF-1BF4-46B5-B37C-EB14ECBFD4CE-

Although it doesn't show the front pipes, i can assure you the rear pipe wraps around the front.

20121107_173138.jpg

EDIT: Video's on photobucket suck wang.

• Like 2

On the dyno. It's the best video I have sorry :/

th_36C2F2CF-1BF4-46B5-B37C-EB14ECBFD4CE-

Although it doesn't show the front pipes, i can assure you the rear pipe wraps around the front.

20121107_173138.jpg

EDIT: Video's on photobucket suck wang.

haha unigroup hey, local boy unigroup is where I'm going to take mine for a tune also couldn't really hear the audio too well but it does sound like your engine has shitloads of torque down low which is good is yours on e85 Edited by mr skidz

haha unigroup hey, local boy unigroup is where I'm going to take mine for a tune also couldn't really hear the audio too well but it does sound like your engine has shitloads of torque down low which is good is yours on e85

Taken to PM. Save clogging up the thread with off topic dribble.

• Like 1