SAU Community

Entries Open: Sauvic Deca - 25th July 2015 - Shepparton - Its Back!

Belsil80

Submitted and paid!

Hey Russ, yep me and Jarrard. The little mx5 will get a workout.

Nice one, MX5's always seem to do well out there on the pan :) We've only received your entry / payment so far, so send Jarrard over to the entry form as well to book in his own entry :)

Hey Guys,

First time poster here. I'm really looking for SAU's help here. Just this weekend I won a spot to represent Australia at Silverstone England in the GT Academy. I'm looking to gain as much track time as possible, ideally in Nissan vehicles given that the ending prize if I were to win the competition would be a racing contract with Nissan. See news article here: http://www.nissan.com.au/Discover/News/2015/July/20/SIX-AUSTRALIAN-GAMERS-ON-BRINK-OF-BECOMING-A-PROFESSIONAL-RACING-DRIVER-FOR-NISSAN

The issue is that I have just two weeks until I leave for England (August 5th), and I don't have access to any Nissan cars or any performance cars of note (sold my VE SS about a year ago and been using a cheap Excel as a commuter since). What I'm really asking for, is whether anyone would be interested in supporting the only Victorian representing Australia over there, by allow me to share their ride for this DECA meet, and potentially a track day at Sandown the following week along with the HSV owners club. Nissan Australia are more than happy to provide a reference of my driving talent if needed as well. Also note that I'm not looking to set lap records at any of these meets, but just to gain some more experience at speed in the leadup to Silverstone. Naturally happy to pay for any costs associated with the drive as well - i just need seat time at speed.

If anyone is interested in supporting me, can you please let me know. It would be MASSIVELY appreciated! :)

Cheers!

Simon

Yeah unfortunately not. Having said that, they are footing the bill for all of the cars and tracks we'll be driving over in England not to mention the overall prize, so I think what they are doing for virtual racers is pretty amazing. :)

• Like 1

A few more options for you:

Driver Dynamics (trackday at Sandown on 26th Jul).

http://www.driverdynamics.com/caenldra/

Evolve Driver Training (track day at Broadford 3rd Aug)

http://www.evolvedriving.com.au/

Good luck! If you need inspiration check out an interview we did with Josh Muggleton (last years Aus winner) http://www.circuitthreads.com/driver-josh-muggleton-gamer-racer/

Tampered Motorsport - that's a good call I think. I'll give them a buzz. Thanks for the heads up. I tried Driver Dynamics - no answer the past 3 days. Will give them another go. Evolve Driver Training looks interesting as well, although I just got word from Sony that I'll be heading out that evening so it may not be feasible.

Yeah I know Josh Muggo. We first met back in GT Academy 2010, and he was up at the final on the weekend as well. Great bloke, and definitely one I'd like to emulate and go one better. :)

Josh Muggleton... Bet he copped a lot of flack when Harry Potter came out....

EEEERRRRMMMAAAGEEERRRDDDD only 2.5 days to go

Just put fire extinguisher in 86...lovely spot that centre console but fark me did Toyota placed their bolts in an inconvenient spot for a bracket :(

Thanks for confirming event start Birds.

Amend departure time to 5.30am @ Greensborough, this should give ample time to arrive following scrutineering and driver debrief.

If there is not many people interested in driving up, I'll just head off per own schedule.

Cheers

Yeah you don't wanna be 'that guy' that rolls in at 8.30-8.45am as driver briefing is almost starting. I think I'm doing scrutineering and I wanna be done by 8.30am to get everyone out as fast as possible

Yeah you don't wanna be 'that guy' that rolls in at 8.30-8.45am as driver briefing is almost starting. I think I'm doing scrutineering and I wanna be done by 8.30am to get everyone out as fast as possible

Yeah good point.

While we're at it. READ THE SUPP REGS!!!

- All vehicles must be equipped with a minimum 900gram fire extinguisher securely mounted inside the vehicle with a metal bracket. Extinguishers must comply with the Australian Standard – AS 1841 and not be more than five years old

Don't rock up with a bracket secured by cable ties. It must be SECURE! If it's not, you will not be able to drive until it's fixed up.

There is a tutorial somewhere that gives instructions if you're not sure. Someone post up the link??

Anyone coming on the day got a spare clutch master cyl for a r33? mine is on the verge of failing (clutch pedal adjustment is on the tip of the rod). Dont want to be stuck in shepp after all the clutch kicks!!