SAU Community

R32 Gtr Long Term Love, Now Project

So the e85 result is in and it was better then I expected, haven't picked it up yet so can't comment on how it drives yet but I got sent this from jez

12B8E138-8241-4986-8F90-14E1337AA708.png So thats 348.5kw at 1.65bar

• Like 1

Picked the car up today and am very happy with how it drives. so smooth, has factory if not better then factory response and doesn't drop off between gear changes

Definitely not the fastest Gtr I've ever driven but it's what i was hoping for, now I just need to find that extra 25kw ;)

Picked the car up today and am very happy with how it drives. so smooth, has factory if not better then factory response and doesn't drop off between gear changes

Definitely not the fastest Gtr I've ever driven but it's what ideas hoping for, now I just need to find that extra 25kw ;)

Raise the boost.

Job done.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple days after picking the car up I took the wife for a drive and when I gave it a boot full the revs came up to 5-6,000 then power started to disappear and it got to 7,000 and just sat there. Basically it had the classic signs of valve float :(

of corse that now meant more work for me but lucky for me I had a set of upgraded valve springs sitting around that didn't work in a previous build due to the seats being cut in that head.

Of corse first things first the timing belt and covers all had to come off

8EC5844A-13F2-4EFD-81F0-9B4A84583988.jpg

While I had it all apart thought I should fix up something every seems to keep pointing out

So the thing I'm talking about is these

35327501-EB1C-483E-941A-AF63042A625C.jpg

I had also these also from the previous project and grabbed them while I had it apart

E70AF2D6-8FEA-426E-B1AF-657D11BC28A2.jpg

And here's what they look like fitted on the engine

99BA1450-12D6-4DFE-B49F-C9F62B52F817.jpg

• Like 1