SAU Community

Bnr32 Gtr Build ('murica!) Nismo Heavy

Hello land down under. Just wanted to share my r32 build since we are finally cool in the states haha. I know its pretty old for you all. Anyways, last December I bought my dream car. The bad thing was it is a June 1990 model. US law states that it has to be 25 years old to the build date to be legal. So I had to wait.....still waiting lol. Should be here around the 28th of July. It's on the boat now.

Anyways, being a pretty hardcore s13 enthusiast I have been in the nissan game for a long while. I am kind of a nismo fanatic. But will go a different direction on parts where I think I should.

Lets get to some pictures.

The car was bought from global auto. I bought the car through GTR Garage. The back story that I came to understand is that this car has been garage kept its whole life. It has 88,000 KM on it. The owner focused more on suspension than doing any kind of heavy tuning. He wanted to harness the stock power. He took the car to HKS kansai to have the work done. So it naturally has HKS parts on it. Here is the list.

1990 BNR32 GTR build. 49,000 original miles (this is how I bought it) RB26DETT
Fujitsubo Legalis-R Evolution Exhaust,
HKS Iridium Plugs,
HKS Hipermax-II Coilovers,
HKS Kansai Lower Brace Bar Set,
HKS Kansai Front Tower Bar,
Nismo Air Filter
Nismo Front Arms,
Nismo Rear Arms,
Nismo Shift Knob,
Nismo Floor Mats,
Acre Brake Pads,
Rays TE37 Wheels (17x9+22),
Carrozerria Audio,
Panasonic ETC

2hgJpOu.jpg

a2K0Nsi.jpg

MUjcxf1.jpg

Ebk5tBs.jpg

0NDebKp.jpg

sRNmqVW.jpg

HHKrbPx.jpg

WWaVmmA.jpg

bDhQ66s.jpg

ftcfuJM.jpg

01UIoBS.jpg

g1AvL8s.jpg

Jkb4A3J.jpg

paRu1xE.jpg

t6b2Zyy.jpg

ciYvh93.jpg

pM5qoXs.jpg

rzeHgHN.jpg

MnBjGIe.jpg

gGxTEFY.jpg

CTsmbiQ.jpg

So I am starting with a pretty clean, well maintained slate. Which is what I like. I'm going to try and keep this thing as clean and tasteful as physically possible. I plan on keeping the body totally stock as is. No nismo vents or anything. Just how it is. For some reason this bare bones stock look has grown on me.

I have been steady buying up parts for this car and have already had some lying around for years that I planned on using on my s13. Here are a few pictures of what will be going on the car for now. I have focused more so on small little OEM and nismo dress up options, along with a few performance pieces. My main focus is keeping it clean and very tasteful. I want to keep the car on an "original" kind of basis. Nothing way to crazy as I want the car to still remain a r32 GTR not some super built track monster. Just a fun street car that can perform on the track when I want to have a little fun.

Reached the picture limit. Will have to wait for thread to be approved before I update with more pics. Sorry. What is the picture limit?

• Like 3

ok, well that stinks, I had a huge post lol. Time to start over lol.

OEM dead pedal cover option.

TO1MBNG.jpg?1

OEM knee pad option

ExqW3vQ.jpg

old Nismo oil cap

Jyll95W.jpg

Nismo gas cap cover

gh9uwuP.jpg

old nismo horn button

au62n8N.jpg

ng4KAI5.jpg

fnTM3xB.jpg

I4Jc9yH.jpg

Nismo fashion lighter

C2xYGrc.jpg

• Like 1

old nismo steering wheel

0mYFV7a.jpg

f5JkV1b.jpg

nismo steering boss

2NmRHz3.jpg

nismo old style floor mat set brand new

zSovNYy.jpg

wZtnTuF.jpg

nismo oil temp gauge 60mm BNIB

p7aPJ7M.jpg

27zUF9T.jpg

a1Q0FXm.jpg

7WlrmEB.jpg

nismo water temp gauge 60mm

DHV6cFt.jpg

• Like 1

Nismo intercooler

YgLeT8O.jpg

Nismo rear strut bar

9mKluuc.jpg

hCQWrmh.jpg

GRgSpcD.jpg

Nismo white meter set for zenki r32

g589ri6.jpg

43jvhr4.jpg

wzRFskp.jpg

eoOQEjG.jpg

7XAigfo.jpg

UjNeDeT.jpg

vpuxDJ0.jpg

Nismo Recaro SR-II

hHXPad1.jpg

2IQQkIz.jpg

YcllTIZ.jpg

nwua4Ad.jpg

These seats also came in the R33 GTR LM car

088pbXY.jpg

Recaro sliding seat rails

dYKprLO.jpg

UZgqBSG.jpg

Edited by JTCC
  • Like 1

Midori Seibi complete titanium exhaust system. 90mm

mcjf7Gi.jpg

yyzXvUo.jpg

sUJ5HW0.jpg

GpVEmeo.jpg

pGQZTzJ.jpg

LRnBx1n.jpg

Outlet pipes

iNMS6TO.jpg

Front pipe. Super super light lol. My digital bathroom scale said 3.4 lbs. (1.5 KG). plus or minus.

L6ND93r.jpg

tQ4GaBB.jpg

5JJxvGw.jpg

Complete setup, NR exhaust system, decat pipe, front pipe, outlets

OYXOV1J.jpg

Then I have some parts that I may take from my rb25det build on my s13 since its not running. I also have a full-race turbo manifold for RB engines but I want to keep this GTR on twins.

Tomei cam gears

e6UfeUa.jpg

Raw Brokerage fuel kit

SbPBJ8i.jpg

ID 1000cc injectors

8HFx6JI.jpg

Panasport G7 C5C2-SP wheels. They are 18 inches. But I would have to have these relipped and barrelled into better GTR sizings.

BADSdCu.jpg

TAe3TWS.jpg

0Vzqdn3.jpg

Advan RG originals in GTR sizes. 18x9.5 +12

5nGUYAt.jpg

apt8d8E.jpg

pZErOad.jpg?1

Edited by JTCC
  • Like 2

Love the Nismo collection you've got there.

Looks like lots planned.

Amazing!

Thank you. I have a lot more crap not pictured but I don't want to clutter this thread with random parts. Trying to keep it GTR specific.

Looks like a great project! Where are you located? I'm in Louisiana. My project spiraled out of control as well (check my build thread here).

Hopefully mine will be on the road soon!

Im from Missouri. But I'm a pipe welder. So I travel the country constantly. I'm sure being from Louisiana you are familiar with the welding lifestyle. Seems like there is a lot from down that way. I know quite a few in the Baton Rouge/New Orleans area.

Edited by JTCC

thanks guys. Still would like a few nismo products that are proving tuff to find. Nismo radiator and oil cooler kit. If anyone has any leads, please let me know.

The goal of build is just to keep it pretty simple, but quality and totally streetable. I don't really want to open the engine up yet. I will probably try to make it as much nismo as possible. I'm waiting to get the car so I can see what kind of shape things are actually in. I'm sure it's pretty decent, but I will replace worn items etc before buying some performance piece not really needed. As far as power goes, I just plan on some -9 turbos for now and a safe tune on the stock internals. I'm thinking 450 hp max. It will mostly be a bolt on build. I guess I will be pushing the 2.6 as far as it will go. Then if the engine starts to show signs of fatigue, then I will look into rb28/30 or maybe just try and get a nismo crate motor. I will just have to wait and see when that time comes. I want to keep it as nismo as possible. But some items I just don't think nismo is the way to go. Its kind of just my personal taste/preference on things.