SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

3 years from manufacture should be a date on collar or base  with month/year built

yes we care its part of the Scruit process, (read the sup regs to see who the Scruit is....)

has to be in cabin, bolted down (no tech screws zip ties etc)

22 minutes ago, UNR33L said:

do fire extinguishers have expiry dates / do DECA people care? also can it be mounted in the boot or have to be close to driver? 

ok found this, I guess the boot technically counts as inside the vehicle right?

All vehicles must be equipped with a minimum 900gram fire extinguisher securely mounted inside the vehicle with a metal bracket. Extinguishers must comply with the Australian Standard – AS 1841 and not be more than five years old.

lol Falcon owner.

No more than 3 years old (for CAMS, not sure if 5 for AASA). Must be in a relatively reachable position from the drivers seat.

21 minutes ago, emts said:

3 years from manufacture should be a date on collar or base  with month/year built

yes we care its part of the Scruit process, (read the sup regs to see who the Scruit is....)

has to be in cabin, bolted down (no tech screws zip ties etc)

Yeah I saw your name on there hah, so 3 years not 5 like it says? gonna have to bolt one of dem bitches in. 

Just dont wanna ruin my nice falcon interior, know wat i'm sayin'? All this is hard work, motorbike track days are YOLO

Supps should say in the cabin then, not 'inside the vehicle' :P 

if sup regs say 5 5 it is?

must have been an old template that slipped though but that the rules we follow.

yes securly mounted.

can you use a seat mount bolt? that what I used to do on the S14 when dailied it

A 1 kg fire extinguisher is not going to stop your car from burning. It is going to help to stop flames from burning you if you are trapped, giving other people more time to get to you and get you out of the car.

General rule I like to use is, if in an accident and your seatbelt locks (or you're stuck in a harness). Can you reach and retrieve the fire extinguisher from where it is mounted. I've got short arms and can't reach it if it was under the front lip of my passenger seat, so I've mounted mine on the passenger side of the tunnel, behind the passenger seat, where I can reach with one hand even if my hips are pinned in seat.

That Ferarri was caused by the driver losing it sideways over the dirt and rolling it on its side, then a small car fire (as Ferarri's do) / hot exhaust fire started which sparked a big dry grass fire and the rest is history.

Though, most likely whatever event that was at didn't require extinguishers, hell... probably didn't even need helmets.

3 hours ago, emts said:

if sup regs say 5 5 it is?

must have been an old template that slipped though but that the rules we follow.

yes securly mounted.

can you use a seat mount bolt? that what I used to do on the S14 when dailied it

yeah pretty sure that's what I'll do, will check it out.

when you chop a new mustang:

b5c.jpg

• Like 1

Put it on the curb in the hood... It'll get snatched up fast

But then I have to move it.... The idea of free is that I dont have to do much.
Would random people take it up for $50 on gumtree you reckon? Or would everyone just lowball me for $20?

Depends where you live though, if its a main road then scabs will take it for sure... I'm in a street that just loops onto itself in a decent suburb, so the only people that drive past aren't interested in nature strip waste :P

The number of dandenong scabs that cruise through the street in utes and vans when we have rubbish collections is scary

20 minutes ago, UNR33L said:

Considering I've done it in the evo (they couldn't get traction)... ain't too hard... I've probably got about 170awkw...

how much power are you running?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, emts said:

no hard rubbish collection out there.

If you want a bulk lot gone you can call the council once a year and arrange a set time for a pick up.

Yeah, ours is like that as well now.

Seems a waste to do it for a single couch though ;) and he'd STILL need to move it out to the street, which is obviously not an option

41 minutes ago, UNR33L said:

yeah pretty sure that's what I'll do, will check it out.

b5c.jpg

I call bullshit

On him even wanting to drag

These guys drive those cars like they're a 50 year old Ferrari

Knowing what I know about Leroy I wouldn't take his couch

I feel like it would be full of home brand corn chip crumbs and cultures that mainstream medicine can't kill and you've never heard of