SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Scabies leave trails on your skin as they burrow and are itchy nearly 24/7. You end up with them all over your body too. Bed bugs/mites will just bite you (not sure if they lay eggs under skin like scabies?). You'll soon know either way. The hottest of hot baths doesn't kill them, only rubbing yourself with insecticide...over every square mm of your body...yes in there...will completely eliminate.

And yes old mate google the hypochondriac. Put in itchy arm bite and you get some frostbite ridden decaying limb pic. The health websites aren't much good either with their symptomatic descriptions that match up to...I don't know...f**king everything

- Headache

- Dizziness

- Nausea

- Weakness/tiredness

- Loss of appetite

I think more like stock motor and never ever open the motor in any case at all.
And some responsive Borg Warner thing on the side of it.

Or who knows, maybe just put an OEM gasket back on what's currently there, unless the block is cracked or there's a portal to the underworld when they remove the head which is entirely likely.

Drove Grant's car the other day; motor felt very healthy. How is it that a guy who can't even hear his engine can keep it in better nick than you Greg :4_joy:

• Like 2

I think more like stock motor and never ever open the motor in any case at all.
And some responsive Borg Warner thing on the side of it.

Or who knows, maybe just put an OEM gasket back on what's currently there, unless the block is cracked or there's a portal to the underworld when they remove the head which is entirely likely.

Don't have to open the motor to put studs in.

26 minutes ago, blah_blah said:

Perhaps listen to a few of the concerns and suggestions that the engine builder had at the time when he built your motor

I have, every time which is why they were so confused when it arrived back on their doorstep yesterday..
Eliminating things that are "custom" is now my primary goal here. I wonder if things like Scotty's turbo housing/gate/manifold setup causes heat/backpressure/something (maybe it does at 400rwkw at 4000rpm....)

Perhaps the traction control system doesn't work as cleanly as advertised..

Perhaps the metal head gasket didn't seal despite the block and head being super straight and super polished by the machine shop that did it (that also built the engine)

Perhaps the 'custom pistons' that were ordered and sized up for the kit way way back when by someone who was grossly incompetent is causing these fun and games too..

But power was turned down to about 320kw. Given I was pretty happy with that, a standard Neo will be finding its way to that engine bay because I'm really not a fan of "perhaps" (even if something becomes immediately clear as the problem, like last time).

3 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

I wonder if things like Scotty's turbo housing/gate/manifold setup causes heat/backpressure/something

I believe this was brought up as a concern when your engine was built :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

I've had my engine for 3.5 years now and still going strong, only issue was a blocked injector due to e85.

Internally your engine and mine probably same same except for the 2.8 stroker

It was, because back then I had a GTX3076R then with a .82 rear, I took the recommendation and went with a much larger rear to open the whole thing up. Also opened up the intake which would have been contributing to that problem (and picked up 45rwkw lol). But it's possible that the damage had been done, but seeing an engine roll over up top, or an exhaust housing go slightly red doesn't usually result in a blown head gasket. I have never actually run the GTX3076R for longer than about an hour before I changed to a free flowing rear.

And since then the head was lifting under boost (wrong head studs supplied way back then, and re-used by current builder because "ARP studs are reusable". This was discovered when I bought a new gasket and studs because I didn't trust the internet when they said you can re-use metal head gaskets and ARP studs.

And what do you know, the old ones were about 25mm bigger.
Then the block cracked literally 2 days after that was assembled, full rebuild since then, with all the recommendations made, followed.

I directly followed recommendations of people around me... because when you have problems you start looking at people who do not have problems to see where the differences lie...

As to what failed this time, no one is sure yet, other than it's exhaust gases in the coolant.