SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Omg this shit again. Real estate is un regulated and has been for ages you peanuts. So it has been happening as long as I've been working in it and even longer

People pay us what they choose to pay and willingly no government or union intervention

Try again with your failed arguments, seriously it's embarrassing arguing uneducated points

Fwiw it's the Indians who work for fk all but guess what they are rogues do a crap job and the owners get thousands less for their home rather than pay us a couple grand more they 'save' .5% but get $30k less. Smart huh.

Given the Chinese influx over the last decade and exponential increase over the last couple of years, I don't think it's been happening for ages and that's a factor you're ignoring - trends. Wait until they are on the doorstep of your industry and not just on the customer end of the business deal. I think that you have an "as long as I'm okay" mentality about it which is all well and good until you're on the chopping block. This is a domino process that spreads like a virus, particularly when Chinese communities are somewhat segregated in business dealings - who do you think they'll prefer to deal with for property when it's no longer a trend but a key demographic shift - you or someone who speaks their native language?

Been seeing a lot of job classifieds on the increase saying mandarin speaking preferred and given the Chinese lust for real estate, the question I ask is not "if", but "when".

My industry is unregulated too and fair game for all; I'm just not arrogant enough to assume I'm always going to do a better job than someone who will do it for 2/3 what I do it for if our government will let them.

Given the Chinese influx over the last decade and exponential increase over the last couple of years, I don't think it's been happening for ages and that's a factor you're ignoring - trends. Wait until they are on the doorstep of your industry and not just on the customer end of the business deal. I think that you have an "as long as I'm okay" mentality about it which is all well and good until you're on the chopping block. This is a domino process that spreads like a virus, particularly when Chinese communities are somewhat segregated in business dealings - who do you think they'll prefer to deal with for property when it's no longer a trend but a key demographic shift - you or someone who speaks their native language?

Been seeing a lot of job classifieds on the increase saying mandarin speaking preferred and given the Chinese lust for real estate, the question I ask is not "if", but "when".

My industry is unregulated too and fair game for all; I'm just not arrogant enough to assume I'm always going to do a better job than someone who will do it for 2/3 what I do it for if our government will let them.

Man no offense but you have no f**ken idea what your talking about. They are here, have been for ages. We employ them ourselves do you think we are a multi million dollar business by accident? Seriously man you don't know what your talking about and that's fine but don't try and tell me what's what when you got no clue.

Stop being sucked in by the media foreign buyers in the cbd yes, inner east prevalent too - but they make up less than 10% of total transactions and 95% of them speak English they aren't retards rolling up who accidentally have more money than your average Australian to buy property. But yes like any good business you have to adapt hence having Chinese speaking consultants, Indian as well since they too represent a large buyer base but interestingly they often prefer to not deal with there own kind.

There's no arrogance or assumption either man it's proven over a very long period of time. Your forgetting you just do a standard task anyone can do - can you negotiate like me and get 20-50k more for your clients? Probably not

Man no offense but you have no f**ken idea what your talking about. They are here, have been for ages. We employ them ourselves do you think we are a multi million dollar business by accident? Seriously man you don't know what your talking about and that's fine but don't try and tell me what's what when you got no clue.

Stop being sucked in by the media foreign buyers in the cbd yes, inner east prevalent too - but they make up less than 10% of total transactions and 95% of them speak English they aren't retards rolling up who accidentally have more money than your average Australian to buy property. But yes like any good business you have to adapt hence having Chinese speaking consultants, Indian as well since they too represent a large buyer base but interestingly they often prefer to not deal with there own kind.

There's no arrogance or assumption either man it's proven over a very long period of time. Your forgetting you just do a standard task anyone can do - can you negotiate like me and get 20-50k more for your clients? Probably not

I literally lol'd at this

I thought labor got all the moronic voters :(

Real estate = 20 week course, tops?

Try and get a job in marketing without a 3 year degree or indistry experience...rarely happens. Yet I'm still not arrogant enough to assume there aren't people who can take my job off me when companies tighten the belt.

Now tell me again which "task" anyone can do. Your industry has an enormous turnover of staff because it's a huge have a go at this job.

P.S. I don't have clients, I am the client...and yes I negotiate many thousands of dollars, everyday, just like you, in case you think negotiating is some unique skillset that real estate agents have :laugh:

Racist flamin mongrel... next thing you'll be calling Adam Goodes a flog

Adam Goodes is a well rounded individual who is widely recognised for his talent and the togetherness he brings to our national sport, always putting others before himself and a true Australian hero we can be proud to call our own.

To be fully licensed takes a lot more than 20 weeks but let's not even bother with that the point is turn over is high cos guess what people can't do it they aren't capable unlike a basic marketing job that pays fk all for a reason.

I don't have to worry about companies tightening the belt cos I basically am my own company my destiny is in my hands so I'm not even remotely worried by what you think may or may not happen.

I've no doubt your a pro negotiator but shame you don't get rewarded for it right? Are you even on 6 figures yet? Probably not even close if you just got out of uni

So come at me foreigners and anyone else who thinks they can do better I'll give them the same lesson the others have been getting for the last decade

I thought you were better than the "I've got a degree" club no body gives a fk most people who serve me have useless degrees of some sort while I'm earning their annual wage in 3 months zero fks given.

To be fully licensed takes a lot more than 20 weeks but let's not even bother with that the point is turn over is high cos guess what people can't do it they aren't capable unlike a basic marketing job that pays fk all for a reason.

I don't have to worry about companies tightening the belt cos I basically am my own company my destiny is in my hands so I'm not even remotely worried by what you think may or may not happen.

I've no doubt your a pro negotiator but shame you don't get rewarded for it right? Are you even on 6 figures yet? Probably not even close if you just got out of uni

So come at me foreigners and anyone else who thinks they can do better I'll give them the same lesson the others have been getting for the last decade

I thought you were better than the "I've got a degree" club no body gives a fk most people who serve me have useless degrees of some sort while I'm earning their annual wage in 3 months zero fks given.

Wow

You were the one who called into question the ability of people to do my job as an everyday task - I don't think at all I'm superior for having a degree; I needed it for my industry and that's all there is to it - but the truth is that it does offer a degree (pun) of protection for my line of work over and above a half year course with no entry requirement. You think you're untouchable in your job, but don't forget, you did your real estate course too and were a newbie once upon a time.

Also, you might want to google marketing manager and refresh your info on what they earn - very few sit below 6 figures. Entry level marketing jobs don't pay as well but that's because people enjoy the work and with a few good years under the belt the 6 figure income is an achievable reality. In any job what limits you most is performance and aspiration.

It's also not just about you, but the future generation who are going to struggle against immigrant workers, even for part time jobs that they need to get themselves through university or real estate courses - not everyone has their parents to help them with this. Consider what is happening in America right now with Mexican immigrants and how different our situation really is when we hand out visas and PR like they're going out of fashion. Enjoy your tax increases because of the hefty drain it is going to put on the welfare system...

we have a requirement for Mandarin for most of our jobs.

but that due to us selling/supporting into china and keeping the man power in AU.

we just had a global support outsource program..ditched support worldwide except AU..they prepared to pay a bit extra to have good staff..

My parents didn't help me do anything for starters and I'll back myself in do to anything and do it well this is why I hold no fear if not real estate that's ok I'll go to uni I'll be a lawyer, I'll pick up some tools and learn a trade it's no problem for me being able to adapt is crucial I personally see real estate sales as a very redundant job in 20 years but that doesn't scare me I'll move with the times

Don't get me wrong I've got an ego we all do, but I'm grateful that my future is very very comfortable now regardless of my income I've set my life up very well so now I'm just gonna earn as much as I possibly can and deal with the rest later.

Google tells me maybe $150k senior role after a loooong time.. Meh.

I don't entirely disagree with you but I don't think government or unions should meddle in private business.

That's my point. Attack real estate / marketing / foreigners whatever I think people should be paid what they are willing to work for if its not enough that's fine let someone else do it who is happy to

I think it all comes down to the industry your in

i don't think I'll ever be worried about my job being taken over by immigrants

I believe specialized, skilled jobs and where client relationships are important are at low risk

Your parents didn't send you to school? Were you paying for your napped straight out the womb?

Please now your being a flog for the sake of it. Parental support is usually the period beyond the usual facets of parenting ie sending your kids to school

I think it all comes down to the industry your in

i don't think I'll ever be worried about my job being taken over by immigrants

I believe specialized, skilled jobs and where client relationships are important are at low risk

For now they are, but what happens when the client demographic shift whilst the client relationship remains important - the variable that changes is you...

Given enough time all things will change. The economy is a giant net - it's impossible for even the smallest changes to not impact everyone. No one outside of the automotive industry really gives a shit about our manufacturing closing down but they complain about the resulting taxes and unemployment benefits etc.