SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

1 hour ago, Daz said:

Looking to buy a property Birds?

Have been exploring for a couple of years but looking seriously now

Have moved from buying dream house to looking at rural land, but now looking at cheap (420k max) mid-sized land / old house or new small townhouse in deep south east, and smash the mortgage on two incomes building equity.

1 minute ago, Birds said:

Have moved from buying dream house to looking at rural land, but now looking at cheap (420k max) mid-sized land / old house or new small townhouse in deep south east, and smash the mortgage on two incomes building equity.

Boronia has some half decent properties for the 450k range

1 hour ago, joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo said:

I'd say that's the problem with IT nerds... You actually convince yourselves that you need the latest program to send an email

More than just Outlook comes with the Office software, Skype for business is awesome etc.

Boronia is on my list of places that will see substantial capital growth as it enjoys the overflow from wantirna and bayswater over next few years.

It's being subdivided and apartment built like crazy. Just unfortunate there's a lot of dead shits in the area that won't fk off for another 5 years. The shops and cafes are very good.

3 minutes ago, Birds said:

Frankston is also pretty good for that price range, you should be able to buy 600+sq in which you could subdivide at a later stage. 

If you have more $$$ and happy to sit on rural land for a while until the urban growth zone is extended you could look at Deavon Meadows way. Only thing is it's high risk high reward... 

I'm looking for my third now 

14 minutes ago, Daz said:

I've found the jap car scene to be mainly a bunch of wankers from the IT industry.

The turbo V8 guys are much more down to earth with less to prove. 

They are the ones who toot acknowledgement when beaten by my car, or will wave if they win.

Jap car = stare straight ahead and pretend nothing happened

Always described the jap scene as hoodies in a car park standing in a circle lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daz said:

Frankston is also pretty good for that price range, you should be able to buy 600+sq in which you could subdivide at a later stage. 

If you have more $$$ and happy to sit on rural land for a while until the urban growth zone is extended you could look at Deavon Meadows way. Only thing is it's high risk high reward... 

I'm looking for my third now 

Unless it's dirt cheap like $130k or less, I'm going to live in it for a year for capital gains and to remove rent from the equation while we smash the mortgage. Unfortunately Frankston a little far but won't rule it out. It's growing big that area. Cranbourne is about as far south as I'll go likely.

I was checking out property near and around Bendigo recently. Bendigo is HUGE these days, had not realised how big it is now. Like a small Geelong. Very cosmopolitan main streets and 600sqm is about $120k only 5 mins or so from city centre.

Jap car scene ok as long as you dont hangout with the facebook wanker groups. Croydon area has like minimum 3 cars per lot but i thought wantirna was ok?

Met the most bawler dude in japan today. Been running a whiskey bar in kamazawa for over 30 years. Most impressive booze collection ive ever seen. Direct whiskey contacts in scottland. Owns 2x toyota centuries. Primo bloke. Cooks a mean 50-day aged steak.

Has organised his whiskey selection by brand and by year.

IMG_1488195948.691472.jpg

26000 square meters here in a town I think I got in at the startish of rush. 

Property listed across the the road recently at 70% of what I paid for 600 square meters. Slightly closer to lake but also has estate fees ongoing

The US politics thread is aids so imma vent here:

f**king americans carrying on about the president. Was in a bar a few days ago and there was a book where you could leave messages to the owner. Americans and Australians writing friendly notes and praising the bartender but then add anti-trump crap at the end of the note. Wtf is wrong with people? Youre in holidays. In a different country. Calm your farm.
I'm sometimes on a different forum with mostly americans and man do they whinge. The way they carry on, its like this time period is worse than their national milestone, 9/11. I chuckle at the trump gag reels and they get their backs up "you wouldnt find it funny if it was your country. America is currently in a political apocalypse" f**k off flamin mongrel. Other countries have proper oppression and tyrannical regimes, civil wars, squalor, disease, coups, rebellions... But nooo trump is the worst thing to happen to the world since religion.

Perfect rant for the US thread^

Media have a heavy hand in convincing the democrats/liberals that Trump is the end of the world for them. Throw in echo chambers that ban political discourse and is it any wonder some of them snowball their fear up into thinking they are a Jews in Germany circa 1942...