SAU Community

Will The 1988 Rule Be Changed?

linuxfanatic

The reason I'm so interested in the GXi is because I'm thinking about getting one as my first car, possibly to swap an SR20 in. And I can't get a GTS-T because my parents won't let me get a fast car (Craig, the ER34 I was talking to you about earlier was for my dad, who is looking to import one ;) ).

The reason I'm so interested in the GXi is because I'm thinking about getting one as my first car, possibly to swap an SR20 in. And I can't get a GTS-T because my parents won't let me get a fast car (Craig, the ER34 I was talking to you about earlier was for my dad, who is looking to import one ;) ).

i thought you were building a game with it

The reason we want info about this is because we want to include a base model car as part of a game mod.

same with the rs4, er43 hr34... all the others you asked about.

its ok man im just busting your balls.

in all seriousness while your on your ps just drive a hatch back or camry or whatever, no need to pay big money for a shit car that looks like the fast cars.

just save your money for a good car when your licenced to buy one

EVERYONE will say they wished they did that.

• Like 3

i thought you were building a game with it

same with the rs4, er43 hr34... all the others you asked about.

its ok man im just busting your balls.

in all seriousness while your on your ps just drive a hatch back or camry or whatever, no need to pay big money for a shit car that looks like the fast cars.

just save your money for a good car when your licenced to buy one

EVERYONE will say they wished they did that.

We are building a game mod with the FR32.. we just can't give you much info about it because it's still very early in development :V

Thanks for your advice, I truly appreciate it ;) I'll drive my dad's Avalon on my P's then ;) But, in the future, if a FR32 comes for sale for a cheap price, should I think about buying it and swapping an SR20 in?

Edited by linuxfanatic
  • Like 1

But, in the future, if a FR32 comes for sale for a cheap price, should I think about buying it and swapping an SR20 in?

As I believe no importer will ever import the FR32, ask yourself, is it worth...

1. Spend money purchasing the FR32 from Japan

2. Spend the money shipping it to Australia

3. Spend the money putting it through compliance

4. Spend the money registering

5. Spend the money buying the SR20 / gearbox / diff / brakes

6. Spend the money fitting the SR20 / gearbox / diff / brakes

7. Spend the money engineering your now modified FR32

8. Spend the money insuring your now modified FR32

If you answered yes to all these questions and the gumbyment changes the rules to allow you to import a FR32, then draw up a plan on how to make it happen and then make it happen.

Personally, to me it makes much more sense to buy a R32 rolling shell that's already here in Australia and fit the engine / gearbox / whatever else it takes to have a working car if I really wanted a SR20 powered R32

• Like 2

As I believe no importer will ever import the FR32, ask yourself, is it worth...

1. Spend money purchasing the FR32 from Japan

2. Spend the money shipping it to Australia

3. Spend the money putting it through compliance

4. Spend the money registering

5. Spend the money buying the SR20 / gearbox / diff / brakes

6. Spend the money fitting the SR20 / gearbox / diff / brakes

7. Spend the money engineering your now modified FR32

8. Spend the money insuring your now modified FR32

If you answered yes to all these questions and the gumbyment changes the rules to allow you to import a FR32, then draw up a plan on how to make it happen and then make it happen.

Personally, to me it makes much more sense to buy a R32 rolling shell that's already here in Australia and fit the engine / gearbox / whatever else it takes to have a working car if I really wanted a SR20 powered R32

You're right. it's a shit idea. Could an admin please delete this thread?

Edited by linuxfanatic
  • Like 1