SAU Community

Wanted A Gt-r But Bought Something Else? Or Had One And Sold It For Something Better?

Personally bang for buck the sti has it down pat at the moment and don't be so fast to write them off as an option until you actually drive one, I always looked down on wrxs then one came up cheap and I needed a car so I bought it. Turns out I love them, I even upgraded to an Sti 9 months later (took my time to find the right one) and it's an absolute blast. The Gtr has even been on the back burner for a bit cause I'm enjoying the Sti to much

I couldn't do it. After reading something about them intentionally putting non tuned length manifolds on their cars for the distinct purpose of providing a unique exhaust sound at the expense of torque, revs, and known issue with cylinder temps doesn't sit right.

Sure companies make mistakes, look at crank changes from 32 onward, but if you know it's shit, do something about it, don't try and tell people it's not shit.

I realise you can just bang different manifolds on, but for me there's nothing redeeming about a Subaru that you can't get in an Evo with an arguably stronger engine.

Not saying they can't last, but my guess would be a 4G would last longer with higher levels of punishment than any EJ.

I can also say from personal experience that every WRX I've seen with similar power and tyres to my CA powered Silvia is substantially slower around a track and I'm not exactly Peter Brock.

They made a name for themselves in Rally, I can appreciate that. That's where my appreciation stops.

</rant> lol

time for a family trip to a major city i think.

i'm going through the motions of deciding what car would suit my own needs, should i need/want one later on and feel like there are just too many options.

although i'd be personally happy with a 34 that had guts 2.8, single etc

but the missus would want something auto and comfy

meet her half way with brides and a sequential i think.

• Like 1

some good resposnes here.

before buying the GTR i did want to buy a Blue Meanie mock up. sort of wish i did considering how they have now skyrocketed in price in the last 12 months!

personally ive always had imports after after driving a stockish 308 it was a real piece of poo. still love the VK shape/ styling. ofcourse, it would have to be blue, 19" aeros, scheel trim lol.

Wanted the gtr since i was a kid and ended up jumping on that instead!

the JB4 is plugin to the existing ECU which gives the extra 100hp (75kws)

Safer than houses :thumbsup:

Look for the light blue one FS in Canberra. 81,000kms. $37,900 neg.

Edited by Sinista32

Yeah Sorry.

But don't let that put you off unless you wish to track.

Metal Panel shifts up/down on both sides.

One owner and meticulously taken care of. Took it for a drive a month ago.

I offered 35k as he wanted 40k and had just reduced from 43k.