SAU Community

R33 Gtst Track Car - The "f**k Bitches, Get Money" Build

R31 drift pig

• 2 weeks later...

So after a stupid long wait, my wheels are here. I finished up everything i needed to do underneath the car, threw the wheels on, and washed 6 months of shit off it. Still looks like poop, but paint needs to be wet sanded and buffed, as its still straight off the gun, and then tidy up some bodywork and stuff.

I need to adjust the coilovers and all the suspension arms etc, and Im able to pull all my rear camber out. And good front rubber means i can add a heap up front now.

Still a minor couple of bits to do, and then it can go off to be wired and tuned. I fly to newcastle on monday for work so i won't get it done for a couple of weeks, but seeing it back on the deck makes me want to smash it out even more.

Then comes the fun part... testing and driving!

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

Edited by R31 drift pig
  • Like 2

Thanks Jonas!

My new job give me some more money to work on it, so ill be changing a few things I'm not happy with, like the fuel system in the boot, and my cooling setup (intercooler/power steering/oil cooler) Ill be changing them up a bit, also i have found a non HICAS subframe, so Ill probably put that in with some toe arms, and sell my drag links, and maybe run some new drop knuckles front and rear so i can put some more preload back into my coilovers.

Ill sit down and have a good look when i get home.

My Drag links replace the HICAS and allow toe adjustment, but the GKTech or Driftworks Rear knuckles require actual toe rods, so I may as well do it all in one hit. Trying to also retain as much grip as possible and increase roll centres a bit, while still being low.

The Rear knuckles also have dual rear calliper setup, i may remove my drum handbrake and go to a hydro setup. I have a new set of cables and a new pair of Project Mu shoes to go in already though so undecided.

Edited by R31 drift pig

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely, Im just finishing off some stuff and making a few changes, Im intending on getting some street time in for a bit first, and should have it out @ the Skyline Nationals here in SA in october.

If you see me or the car, come and say Hi!

Edited by R31 drift pig

Ahk sweet. You have me intrigued with the drop knuckles might have to have abit of a look want to get my car abit lower to meet regs. So plan for circuit or hill climbs etc these days?

Im hoping the car will be quite capable at a few different things, although Im aware they are all very different disciplines requiring different setups.

I was originally intending on hillclimbs, maybe a few circuit sprints (But they don't really interest me TBH) maybe some more drifting, but not really 100%. Just want to have a heap of fun I guess.

I haven't done anything about the drop knuckles yet, I'll still do it, probably just at a later date. Im pretty keen just to drive a this point and make gradual changes on a setup I've had 2-3 years already driving, rather than change EVERYTHING at once and have a lot more difficulty trying to get everything right and chase my tail.

All I've really done from it being my daily/streeter is strip the interior and add a cage/seat, change the wheel and tyre setup, add a set of front knuckles, and add about 50-60kw with cams/new ECU and E85. Thats about it really. (In reality i actually tore the car down to a bare shell and then put it all back together) :rofl2:

Edited by R31 drift pig

Im in pretty much the same boat haha. Street trim to caged with slicks, haltech etc... just doing aero on my car and being able to drop it a heap would be awesome but going to go get some MCA reds first i think. Should look at Masters of mallala and come out in the Sport sedan group

Circuit racing doesn't really excite me to be honest, although I haven't done a heap of door to door. I've done a few circuit days in the 33 when it was a streeter and it was fun, but not enough for me to solely concentrate on.

I think I'm more inclined towards hillclimbs and maybe Tarmac rally or something.

I may look into MOM though, might be something I might find interesting?

• 3 weeks later...

So car is booked in for wiring and final tuning on the 25th of this month, should only take a week or so. Pretty damn keen! 

Just finishing up the last few bits and pieces like my door trims and finishing off the cooler piping and going over everything. Then just an alignment and can get some driving done!

IMG_1760.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1758.jpg

IMG_1762.jpg

• Like 2