SAU Community

Bills 33 Gtst Streeter/track Car

Surprisingly RB30 is obtainable for non drug money. My hand may be forced, lol.

I completely stripped down the bottom end yesterday. Much carnage, no pics yet, take some tomorrow. The girdle was in 3 pieces, bits of block, rod, piston everywhere. 

5 pistons and rods survived and are in great shape, ring lands all intact. A couple of bearings, I think it was towards the front showing some wear, otherwise the rest of it "was" looking pretty good considering the use and abuse it copped over the years.

Just remembered, the other day when I was at the engine shop and showed the builder the pics of the busted rod, his verdict was that it was definitely rod bolt failure. 

• Sad 1

RB30 is the path to happiness. Happiness tiinged with many moments of "why did I do this" along the way, I expect, but happiness should be the end result.

If I had an 34 instead of a 32, my Neo head would be sitting on top of a 30 bottom end right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GTSBoy said:

but happiness should be the end result.

delayed gratification? lol...

1. RB25DET NEO with headstuds, R33 ancillaries, manifolds and back in ~ 2 month job (given how fast @admS15 works)
  2. RB30DET + all the other bullshit involved, re-fab, etc. ~ 2 year job (because he's gone fk this, I'm over it)

• Like 1

If some freakin idiot would actually sell me a half decent condition engine, this thing would be running next week. There are various engines for sale and various options that could eventuate if I could just get some sort of engine first. FML right now, lol

• Like 1

Everyone who is selling any form of RB right now seems to have the "I know what I got" attitude. I'm just about, out of options.

One guy pretty much doubled his asking price overnight.

At this point it seems like waiting 6 months (give or take a bit) for the bloke with the container coming from japland might be the best, almost only option.

The BMW and Ferrari options above are more straightforward than dealing with some of these farkwits.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I did say it'll take awhile - This is why I put the V8 in, going through blocks like it's going out of style it became economical and far more modular going forward. It is after all a niche, Japan only car that arrived here in VERY limited numbers by people grey importing them.

An engine explosion in a RB is about a 1 year sentence on average, no matter what scenario you're actually in.

I repeat:

image.thumb.png.5f099f30ff33015fe488667e2718ec99.png

On 06/10/2023 at 10:46 AM, No Crust Racing said:

Send me what you want and I will put the call out on NCR if it helps. 

Thanks Dan. I'm not that desperate yet but if anyone you know has any sort of RB25 in pretty much any condition from complete running to rebuildable rotating assembly let me know. RB25DET is preferable but I'll consider anything that a solid engine can be built from.

There is always the contact GTSboy gave me in Adelaide, not looking interstate yet as shipping can be a pain. Hmm,  I should contact him anyway.

Your around Albury aren't you? I could drive there and back if you manage to find something. 

On 10/5/2023 at 1:41 PM, No Crust Racing said:

Must be nice to have a fully working car after 3yrs... 

I can't relate. 

If I take his 3 years, and add another 9 years... I'd be still a touch shy of mine...

Also, I do have an EJ255 and STi 6 speed... I'm sure somehow we can fit it between the chassis rails... 😛 ya know, for lower CG up front :P

Plus, STi parts, then you can tell people how car modding really is an infectious disease... :P

• Sad 1