SAU Community

SAU Circuit Times

Roy

last time the engine was dyno'd was a few years ago, in a different car - at which time it made 122.3rwkw.

It has a slightly better intake and exhaust now, so I'd expect 125-130kw

The trick is to not have much weight to push along, and to come out of the last corner as fast as possible :thumbsup:

Went back out to Mallala and pulled 1.24.1, 1.6s faster than my previous time, so I was stoked.

Only thing that changed was brake pads, running TRW Lucas (not great, but for $50, cant complain). Still got fair bit of brake fade, mostly fluid as I ran out of time the night before and didn't flush it.

Feel there's still more left in it as it's still a bit too oversteery, and a bit from brakes. Oh and new semis would be nice, these ones are rock hard :P

Edited by salad

Wakefield 21/7

1.17.35 (official timing)..

180sx etc (you know the drill), street tyres

getting there... slowly.

Went to Sandown today. Only really got 1 session out though and discovered I need to do a lot more laps to learn the new capabilities of the car. Managaged a 1.20.5 but there is heaps more in it.

So bye bye Brisby.

Yeah pretty much. 1st session was knocking a bit (then blew a cooler pipe off when I backed off). Spoke to Benno and he said it was tuned for 100 and I was only running 98. So I had to pull a bunch of timing out and have a test run to make sure it was ok. Lost heaps of top end speed after doing that (about 15-20km/hr) so will be looking forwards to going back there with some 100 fuel.

Also the car stops so much better now than it ever has. The one session I had half a go I was stopping so much earlier than I needed and kept having to get back on the gas. The hard thing was I am simply so used to my braking points that in this one session I wouldn't allow myself mentally to drive in deeper to where I can now go. So there is a couple more seconds in the car for sure with a bit more seat time. But it's great to have a car I feel confident in even if I did still have a few minor hiccups again today.

That looked like fun :)

I see the camera car had to back off through the Essess - with your power do you also have to ease off through there Evan?

Yes there is a big lift off through the esses as the car starts to turn right over the crest and gets quite light before straightening to brake and take the left hander. The esses are great fun and very challenging to get right and oooh so fast. Sometimes I wish the esses went for longer

Yes there is a big lift off through the esses as the car starts to turn right over the crest and gets quite light before straightening to brake and take the left hander. The esses are great fun and very challenging to get right and oooh so fast. Sometimes I wish the esses went for longer

Great incar footage!

Yeah the EVO I drove around there the other week was pretty much on it's limit holding it flat but it could just be done if you got the angle through the previous left right. But that little crest for the right hander is awesome fun although I can imagine there has been a good number of big offs there through the years. Those essess definitely make the track.

Yeah the EVO I drove around there the other week was pretty much on it's limit holding it flat but it could just be done if you got the angle through the previous left right. But that little crest for the right hander is awesome fun although I can imagine there has been a good number of big offs there through the years. Those essess definitely make the track.

With the horsepower and control tyres / rim size 235/45/17 on 8 inch rims and Toyo conrol tyres we have no chance of holding it flat...the crest sends the car sideways if you dont lift off and then the entry / braking for the left hander is VERY messy...yes the off's have been very messy...especially when you try and fit three cars through there side by side...lots of tears. I also love "Nameless" corner...the right hander after the left hander going up the hill. You know you have nameless right in third or 4th when the rear left kicks up dust just dropping of the edge of the track and then you hold your breath heading down the hill into Kolb. :D

New PB for Winton today - 1.36.82

Let's not mention a small oil issue....DOH!

Well done Andrew, that's a top effort mate, I'm sure you would happy with yesterday's result, oil issues aside... :P

Oh and might aswell update my time of 1:33.4, new PB for me aswell.... before Aaron gets out there and has another go.... :D

Well done Andrew, that's a top effort mate, I'm sure you would happy with yesterday's result, oil issues aside... :blink:

Oh and might aswell update my time of 1:33.4, new PB for me aswell.... before Aaron gets out there and has another go.... :yes:

Mate - you are flying. Only Phillip Island to pip Aaron on now and then he is playing catch up!

The lap tims you guys are doing now are flat out flying. It would be interesting to see the times you could punch out on an open practice day where you get more laps to get into a proper rhythem.

Sorry to see the day end the way it did Andrew, hopefully nothing too major