SAU Community

SAU Circuit Times

Roy

I enjoy your banter Roy. You and the silver bullet need to spend some more quality time together. If you spent a couple of nights outside with her in the cold before a track day, checking your leaks, checking your levels, checking your hose clamps, installing your own fire extinguishers, and generally preping the car then perhaps you wouldn't have as many frequent issues.

Team Last Minute Baby! Since changing to Racepace i cant really complain about the reliability of the car...all things considered it puts up with the abuse pretty well. Thinking about it the only thing he has done to the car has been tune, timing belt and water pump...but all credit to him as the tone done right has meant i have been at least able to enjoy the car, unlike the dark days of when i first moved to Vic and isntalled the Pfc

I remind you, think about how your car will be fairing in another 4 years time, putting up with the love you have shown it since starting track work in 2004. My poor car has a 4 year headstart, i wish i had the money and know how to do major annual overhauls :(

LOL...you just wait until we get to EC...i will beat your 1:49, but then again, you probably will too :( So for the time being the target is your std turbo PI and Sandown times :)

Yeh Winton is one of those tracks. But i have never actually done a lap near the potential of the car because of problems every time i have gone there. Rule of thumb is Dane, Matt and Ray are all in the 1:38s, and to date when i have had the car workign i am normally as quick as them . So provided i have enough fuel in it, i dont catch on fire, and i dont split a cool erhose/pipe...then im really hoping for a 1:37 or better :(

Im not normally far off the times of Ferni and BBGTR so happy if i can get within 2 seconds of them...so yeh 1:37 feels about right :)

Dane, Matt and Ray in the 1:38's?? You sure??

And I'm not sure BBGTR and ferni have done 1:35's either??

I think those times are a little out, if not, I'm slow..:(

And by the way, what happened to me and my time at EC??

I did a 1:47.1 back in Nov 06...

Dane and Matt have done high 1:38s, i think Ray is still in the 1:39s. BBGTR and Ferni are in the 1:38s or 1:37s from memory...but its only a matter of time until they march up into the 1:35-1:36s... the fact that i have doen 1:41s with the problems i have had, leak and miss, and running out of fuel so massive fuel surge...there is no way i cannot be 3 seconds quicker?!?!?!?

Like i said, Winton may be the last track i can get close to you cheaters...though i suspect the more laps you guys get in around there...the quicker you will get. I cant see me ever goind quicker then a 1:36 :(

Dane, Matt and Ray in the 1:38's?? You sure??

I think those times are a little out, if not, I'm slow..:spank:

And by the way, what happened to me and my time at EC??

I did a 1:47.1 back in Nov 06...

hehe, I have only done a 1.38 at winton in my current car. My Sti was good for a 1.36 neat.

The 1.38 was with a split intercooler pipe so I'm banking on a 1.36.XX when we get there in July. We'll see :D

Jack, I'll put some cash down on your cracking a 34 this time. :(

SAU Nickname:Simonster

Car Make and Model:Nissan Sil80

Circuit Name:QR Sprint Ct

Lap time:58.7

Modifications

Engine:RB25 HKS3037S

Power:370rwhp

Suspension:HKS Hypermax2 7kg/5kg

Tyres:Dunlop Direzza F215/45/17 R235/45/17

Brakes: Nissan R32 braided lines RB74 pads

Body weight:~1300kg

SAU Nickname: Simonster

Car Make and Model:Nissan Sil80

Circuit Name:QR Clubman

Lap time: 62.3

I think those times are a little out, if not, I'm slow..:closedeyes:

Yeah I did the 1m35.5 @ Winton on std bottom end with stock turbs. (WRX R6 - 1st July 2006)

Yeah I did the 1m35.5 @ Winton on std bottom end with stock turbs. (WRX R6 - 1st July 2006)

Fark, I was at Winton in April on a 'private' track day, best time I manged to do was a 1:35.9...:O

Looks like I need somebody fast in front of me to go faster... :P

Come July I might end up with no championship points... :closedeyes:

I hope to beat your Calder time though :)

Im sure Chris will be doing that time in the practice session next time at Calder.... :O

The time to beat is 1:05.5, Matt is the man to beat....

Fark, I was at Winton in April on a 'private' track day, best time I manged to do was a 1:35.9...:)

Looks like I need somebody fast in front of me to go faster... :)

Come July I might end up with no championship points... ;)

You going on Sunday Jack? I'm hoping to but I haven't heard from the boss if the car is working again yet. If so we'll see if we can both improve our efforts. I know I'm aiming for 33's at least. The thing is we were there the other week and the track just didn't seem to have the usual amount of grip so it might be hard. (Mind you I only did 2 laps so...) Apparently it was resurfaced before the recent V8 round.

Im sure Chris will be doing that time in the practice session next time at Calder.... :cheers:

The time to beat is 1:05.5, Matt is the man to beat....

Yeah shouldn't be a problem. I've actually only ever had 2 hot laps at Calder. But when you have stock power it's the tracks with corners that you can make up time on. So Calder has typically been my worst track. But now with a little bit of power...

Oh, i see. So when i say i have never had a good run anywhere...its all smoke and mirrors. You say you have never had a good run and im meant to believe you. Your only as good as your worst excuse...and yours suck. No imganation at all :D

LOL...stock power. Life must be tough with a strong 260rwkws power band :cheers:

You going on Sunday Jack? I'm hoping to but I haven't heard from the boss if the car is working again yet. If so we'll see if we can both improve our efforts. I know I'm aiming for 33's at least. The thing is we were there the other week and the track just didn't seem to have the usual amount of grip so it might be hard. (Mind you I only did 2 laps so...) Apparently it was resurfaced before the recent V8 round.

Nah can't make it this sunday, have other commitments...

I tell ya what its killing me, its been 2 months since my last track day, and another 5 weeks till the next... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Had a day out at Barbagallo and Collie (small track South W.A.) in preparation for the Dutton Rally later this month in an EVO 8MR.

Times:

Barbagallo Long - 1.05.7

Collie - 0.52.4 (wet)

Fun little tracks. :P

SAU Nickname: johngts-t

Car Make and Model: skyline r32 gts-t

Circuit Name: Baskerville

Circuit Name: Symmons Plains

Lap time: 62.7 B

Lap time: 65.6 SP

Modifications

Engine: pod filter, reset ecu, fmic, 3'' exhuast

Power: bit more than standard

Suspension: lowered springs, front/rear upper camber arms, caster rods, strut bar

Tyres: RE55

Brakes: bendix ultimate

Body weight: about 50-100kg under standard

JBR

myspaceJBR

Edited by johnGTS-t