Lap time: 1.40.0 (mark driving)

Modifications

Engine: rb26

Power: 380-400 awkw

Suspension: tein street

Tyres: do2g dunlop

Brakes: AP

cheers russ

It's all factory issue for the ducting. The oil temps are not too bad as the oil cooler is in the front bumper and angled for maximum surface area. I've still got my air-con condensor so it blocks most of the radiator at the front.

With power comes heat, so unless I ditch the air-con there's not much I can do apart from doing some work at the bottom of the car to direct some air flow up into the hot part of the radiator.

My car still has the aircon. In fact, I use it sometimes on the track. May as well be comfortable.

I'd say you may have a cracked block. As soon as that was fixed on my car the heating issues were solved.

My car still has the aircon. In fact, I use it sometimes on the track. May as well be comfortable.

I'd say you may have a cracked block. As soon as that was fixed on my car the heating issues were solved.

Groovy :P

You can test for that by measuring the CO2 in the radiator fluid from memory. The minute I get off the throttle it starts heading downwards so I suspect it's just airflow related. I don't have a shwanky nismo front bar to move air around the radiator :whistling:

I'll get that checked next time I'm topping up Ben's Super Fund....

Same. With the cracked block I was hitting 100+ water temps within a lap. As soon as I got the new block I can do lap after lap with temps down around 90.

Phillip Island

Circuit Distance - 4.44km s

=1. Roy, R32 GTST - 1.45.8 sec (trust me, the car is good for it :thumbsup: )

=1. Aaron34, R34 GTR - 1:45.8 sec

How many beers had you had when you did that?. :cheers:

Yeh, buy a GTR Troy! Sounds like you have all done bloody blocks :domokun: Bugger, hope its something a lottle simpler/cheaper then a cracked block :(

Meh, it's coming out at the end of the year for a refresh so it can wait til then. I'm not losing any water so it's just a lack of air flow. - it's mainly at PI and Sandown with long periods of WOT.

Oh yeah, this one is for the Fernster:

Phillip Island: 1.51.26 - UPDATE PLEASE!!!! :D

Edited by BBGTR

Meh, it's coming out at the end of the year for a refresh so it can wait til then. I'm not losing any water so it's just a lack of air flow. - it's mainly at PI and Sandown with long periods of WOT.

Oh yeah, this one is for the Fernster:

Phillip Island: 1.51.26 - UPDATE PLEASE!!!! ;)

9 hundreths of a second at both sandown and PI quicker than me....

..|..

Just wait till i get my new wheels and some new tyres, then your going down!

Don't forget Archie that Aaron will be carrying more corner exit speed than you, which usually means faster down the straight, so if you're keeping up with him in a straight line then you probably just have him pipped in power...

Damn you guys with 350rwkw, i think you should give me a second for every 10rwkw more than you have than me - what do you recon Chris? Although he doesn't seem to need it.

F#$CK me, no wonder you blew me into the weeds on the straights..... :D

Yeah but you were still quicker :D

Don't forget Archie that Aaron will be carrying more corner exit speed than you, which usually means faster down the straight, so if you're keeping up with him in a straight line then you probably just have him pipped in power...

Yes he does, however the same gap was maintained from the point that we had both gone round the corner and are on the gas all the way to the end of the straight.

Ferni... Over 300awks and 18" semis and good suspension!?!?! try driving my POS and feel my frustration at nibbling at your heels !!!!!!! :D

But i do feel your pain with regards to ppl just peeping you. I either park or bin my car before the day is out. At PI i missed two sessions happy with the time i did and satisfied overall considering how the car was handling. With the new suspension in i hope the car is more stable and im comfortable driving it all day and having fun. Rather then the whole holding my breath keeping it on the balck stuff long enough to get a time -> then park with it kind oif in one piece :D

Anyway, i have my next BIG upgrade for the car, watch out once there are installed. 2nd hand cheap, broken ass Tein shocks . Some lessons i dont learn easily or quickly :D

Did you say Wolf? No one listens to you any more Troy....

post-5136-1182222129_thumb.jpg

Did you say Wolf? No one listens to you any more Troy....

Hey, they are 2nd hand Flex, and they cost me next to nothing...so you get what you pay for. Not expecting big things :D

Now if the seller of these didnt stuff me around after i had paid for them....then i would have been excited. I had to take a big brave pill to cough up the $2100 for them...so imagine my disappointment when the sale went to sh1t. :D

post-462-1182227316_thumb.jpg

Giant uses Super Street and I think Scotsmans are Monoflex, so both are better then what i bought?!?!?! I dont know shit about Teins. All i know is that these were cheap, about $400-500 for the shocks :D

edit ok so what i have are going to be the same as Scotsmans. So the test will be i need to do a 1:21 at Sandown and a 1:49 at PI, then i can say given the same suspension, and similar power there is no reason why a GTSt cant keep up with a GTR :)

ALL BS aside i cant wait to get back to Winton, i dont really have any idea how fast i can go there. I hope i can at least get into the 1:36-37?!?!?! So far i have:

1st Trip; split a hose and caught on fire (3-4 laps from memory)

2ndTrip; split an IC hose and got a big miss (1st session)

3rd Trip; ran out of fuel at Dutton.

So if i cant improve on the 1:41 then i need to be shot. :D

That's some fine, fine smack-talk there fellas, High-class too ! ! :(

I doubt you'll find 4->5 seconds at Winton with new suspension tRoy, it's all about the braking, cornering technique & teh massiff POWAAH at Winton. Obviously the transitions into/out of the corners are super-important there, as they're mainly square-ish stop/go bends, but if you've got turn-in, and power-down, then it's all braking & accel. for the laptime.

. ..and I don't believe the ol' Rb20 is getting shy about kickin hard, is it ? ? ? :)

Yeh Winton is one of those tracks. But i have never actually done a lap near the potential of the car because of problems every time i have gone there. Rule of thumb is Dane, Matt and Ray are all in the 1:38s, and to date when i have had the car workign i am normally as quick as them . So provided i have enough fuel in it, i dont catch on fire, and i dont split a cool erhose/pipe...then im really hoping for a 1:37 or better :blink:

Im not normally far off the times of Ferni and BBGTR so happy if i can get within 2 seconds of them...so yeh 1:37 feels about right :)