SAU Circuit Times

Roy

SAU Nickname: Angus Smart

Car Make and Model: Skyline Gtr 32

Circuit Name: Eastern Creek

Lap time: 1:59:3

Modifications

Engine: n1 turbos pistons etc

Power: low boost only running 1 bar probably around 250kw?

Suspension: Aragosta

Tyres: re55s, ao48

Brakes: Brembo f50, standard rear

Body weight: around 1300

First time giving circuit racing a go! i'm hooked it was loads of fun! i really really really dont like turn two damn off camber make me slide

Edited by Angus Smart

Bodyweight 1300kg? Sounds liek you have yourself a pretty well sorted GTR track car. Looking forward to seeing you get some kms under your belt in it. Need to kick the Victorians off the NSW time sheets :)

Hahaha you damn mexicans!!!

I need to rock a better suspension setup. the local mr bob jane know it all is a tosser.

and get myself a tune! and a catch can.... oil everywhere after first Session

Edited by Angus Smart

SAU Nickname: Liz

Car Make and Model: 180sx

Circuit Name: Eastern Creek

Lap time: 2.03.37

Modifications

Engine: s14 sr20det

Power: under 140rwkw - car was dyno'd at 140 when the turbo was working. And pretty busted now.. so under that.

Suspension: Tein Monoflex

Tyres: kumhos (sp?)

Brakes: s15, rda slotted rotors front... bendix pads all round.

Body weight: around 1280 ???

I'll be happy when i'm under 2mins i think.

• 2 weeks later...

SAU Nickname: BHDave

Car Make and Model: 92 GTSt

Circuit Name: Wakefield

Lap time: 1:12.37 (natsoft)

Modifications

Engine: RB25DET

Power: ~260rwkw (was only running 1.2 bar)

Suspension: Cusco Comp 1s, 24mm f&r sway bars, lots of adjustable bushes and arms

Tyres: 215/45 17 AO48 front 235/45 17 RE55 rear

Brakes: R34GTt calipers with p mu rotors and pads

Body weight: stock minus back seat and spare

2nd time on a track, understeering pig all day combined with a ham fisted driver = not good

I think i have a bit of work ahead of me to make it onto the list. should be fun :)

SAU Nickname:Simonster

Car Make and Model:Nissan Sil80

Circuit Name:QR Sprint Ct

Lap time:58.7

Modifications

Engine:RB25 HKS3037S

Power:370rwhp

Suspension:HKS Hypermax2 7kg/5kg

Tyres:Dunlop Direzza F215/45/17 R235/45/17

Brakes: Nissan R32 braided lines RB74 pads

Body weight:~1300kg

SAU Nickname: Simonster

Car Make and Model:Nissan Sil80

Circuit Name:QR Clubman

Lap time: 62.3

Hi Roy,

Please update my time to 58.3 for sprint track and 61.8 for clubman :(

Thanks gone softer on rear suspension as well!

• 2 weeks later...

Well im pumped to get back to the track now. I did a comfortable 1:38.2 on the weekend at Winton, whilst being held up by a F430 which i ended up overtakign around the outside. Only had two laps as part of the event...so cant wait to get back there now. Need to bang out a few good times whilst BBGTR is off the road and Ferni is waiting for his new wheels :) I am hoping to get to PI this weekend to give this new suspension a real work over. With any luck i will get into the 1:49s

Amazing, a mod that actually works sure does increase enthusiasm to get back out there :)

Need to ban out a few good times whilst BBGTR is off the road and Ferni is waiting for hsi new wheels :)

AAARRRGGGHHHH, the wait is killing me. Troy, was also looking forward to the MSCA day this weekend but alas it is not to be.

Just don't bin it going for a 220 kmh entry into turn one......

AAARRRGGGHHHH, the wait is killing me. Troy, was also looking forward to the MSCA day this weekend but alas it is not to be.

Just don't bin it going for a 220 kmh entry into turn one......

LOL...good point, but im more worried about the entry onto the straight. So keen to get back out there, I really dont know what to expect from the car. I seem to recall you have been punting around on the Bilsteins as well. I hope you like your new suspension as much as i like mine....its so much easier to drive now :).

SAU Nickname: Wogboy

Car Make and Model: 2000 R34 GT-T

Circuit Name: Symmons Plains

Lap time: 1:07.75

Modifications

Engine: RB25DET stock turbo

Power: 225rwkw

Suspension: SK Bilstien group buy

Tyres: Falken RT somethings 235/45/17

Brakes: stock

Body weight: stock

Gettin' there, Bendix Road Street & track pads only change from above. 1:06.43 26th Aug track day.

LOL...good point, but im more worried about the entry onto the straight. So keen to get back out there, I really dont know what to expect from the car. I seem to recall you have been punting around on the Bilsteins as well. I hope you like your new suspension as much as i like mine....its so much easier to drive now :).

Had the fronts in for Winton, however it was all unbalanced with the old setup in the back.

mmmmmmm. Green goodness..... :)

SAU Nickname: 9krpm

Car Make and Model: R32GTR

Circuit Name: QR Sprint

Lap time: 58.1 (drift box)

Modifications

Engine: 2.6

Power:350+rwkw

Suspension: Bilstein

Tyres: 255/40/17 RE55R

Brakes: AP

Body weight: 1500 kg

Circuit Name: Mallalla

Lap time: 1:20 (AIM lap timer)

• 2 weeks later...
Anything change to pull a second out of your lap time...or was it just more seat time?

Better tyres (Dunlop D02 Semi's), bigger balls/stupidity under brakes.

I got down to a 1:01.64 today, I'll be interested to see what I can do when i have the diff repaired.