Modifications

Engine: RB25DET

Power: 214kw @ 10psi

Suspension: Tein HR Coilovers

Tyres: RE540s, Pirelli P-Zero D4 slicks

Brakes: Stock Brakes with Genuine Pads

Body weight: 1100kg

Not a new fastest lap time but still a milestone

Nissan R30 (Listed in results as 31) Pole Position against gaggle of rotaries, unfortunately the team of rotaries played rugby with the Skyline punting us off and broke a half shaft in race one. No spares so that was the end of us.

Lap times are a bit slower than usual as the track was wet in two key areas.

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results....09/2007.BARB.Q3

Cheers

Went to PI on the weekend. New PB for me, didn't crack a sub 50 but I beat BBGTR so that's will do me for now Hey BB ..|.. :(

Best time for the day was 1.50.20 (ran a heap of 1.50's).... Should of broke into the 40's, stupid lack of brakes and balls...

Went to PI on the weekend. New PB for me, didn't crack a sub 50 but I beat BBGTR so that's will do me for now Hey BB ..|.. :whistling:

Best time for the day was 1.50.20 (ran a heap of 1.50's).... Should of broke into the 40's, stupid lack of brakes and balls...

Mate top effort - I was told by a little birdy on Sat. arvo. I will never find out if I could have managed a 49 with the old setup which for me is a major bummer.

My car is about 2-3 weeks away, but I'm looking forward to Octboer 21st to have another go. Be the first time to try out the green goodness.....

Cheers

Andrew

SAU Nickname: Marlin

Car Make and Model: R34 GTR N1

Circuit Name: Winton

Lap time: 1.35.71 (First ever lap, only allowed two)

Modifications

Engine: Std N1 spec

Power: 310 RWKW

Suspension: Proflex Tarmac Rally spec

Tyres: Dunlop DG02 Hard compound

Brakes: Custom

Body weight: 1595kg

SAU Nickname: Marlin

Car Make and Model: R34 GTR N1

Circuit Name: Sandown

Lap time: 1.20.12 (Third ever lap, only allowed four)

Modifications

Engine: Std N1 spec

Power: 310 RWKW

Suspension: Proflex Tarmac Rally spec

Tyres: Dunlop DG02 Hard compound

Brakes: Custom

Body weight: 1595kg

** times taken at Dutton Rally 2007

Edited by Marlin

Lap time: 1.35.71 (First ever lap, only allowed two)

Circuit Name: Sandown

Lap time: 1.20.12 (Third ever lap, only allowed four)

LOL, whereby making a mockery of the rest of us that have actually driven these tracks before :D

BB - yeah green goodness all the way baby!!! You'll notice it big time at sandown... and everywhere else you'll just noticed how balanced it is now. I can't make the 21st at PIARC got something on :thumbsup: But i'm gonna try to get down there on the saturday 20th.... See if i can get that 49 before you :D I'm sure you'll get it on the Sunday.

Marlin - they are awesome times for just a couple of laps at the track... I guess you tarmac rally guys must have some skills.... Share them around please!

LOL, whereby making a mockery of the rest of us that have actually driven these tracks before :D

Hahaha, that was all for you Brisby! :( I'd love to do some more laps of both, sooo much better than the "paperclip" up here!

Hey, while I have you, any of you lads making a social appearence @ Mt Buller?

Oh, and thanks Ferni, I just wish i had more chances to get behind the wheel. Sold mine many moons ago and have been driving autos ever since :thumbsup:

Edited by Marlin

Hahaha, that was all for you Brisby! :( I'd love to do some more laps of both, sooo much better than the "paperclip" up here!

Hey, while I have you, any of you lads making a social appearence @ Mt Buller?

Oh, and thanks Ferni, I just wish i had more chances to get behind the wheel. Sold mine many moons ago and have been driving autos ever since :D

I think i will be on the road heading up to Sydney for a day at Wakefield and Eastern Creek..but if we dont leave until the Monday i will be good for a road trip :thumbsup:

What's the N1 like to drive like Ben? Made any changes to it from Targa? Is HICAS still hooked up, or did whites/dean find a way to lock it?

Benny, I've driven many GTR's, and this thing has to be the best! :P I can't put my finger on what it is exactly, because as you know, tarmac rules dictate that very few mods can be done. You know, no adjustable arms or bushes in the suspension etc. We had the guys from MPC go through the suspension because we felt it was far too stiff at Targa (minimal weight transfer in the wet particularly), had some new springs made (the rears were binding terribly) and it's transformed the car. It turns in like nothin else, and has a great little bit of oversteer on the corner exit if you choose to drive it that way.

The only issue, and it's a MAJOR one, is the amount of pad knock-off happening. It's really bad! So bad in fact that it actually detracts from your concentration because you need to be consciously pumping the pedal after every little corner, rather than just giving it a little tap when on the straights. Hopefully moving to a full-floating disk will cure it for Buller. :(

As for HICAS, as far as I know it's still there in all it's factory glory.

Edited by Marlin

I think i will be on the road heading up to Sydney for a day at Wakefield and Eastern Creek..but if we dont leave until the Monday i will be good for a road trip :thumbsup:

Actually Brisby we shouldn't be heading up til about the Wed since we aren't tracking now til the Thurs (unless you were going early to see family or something?)

So if you are around I'll come up the hills with you.

Ok,

first time posting in here!

Only had 1 session of timing (hand held) and did that 54.8 then after a few sessions and tips from warren luff and john bozzman, felt alot quicker and smoother than that time! Watch this space? :)

SAU Nickname: evil_weevil

Car Make and Model: Skyline R33 Gts-t

Circuit Name: Oran Park South

Lap time: 54.8

Modifications

Engine: RB25DET

Power: 190rwkw @ 10psi

Suspension: Full sydney kid whiteline kit plus a hicas lock bar

Tyres: R888's

Brakes: DBA4000 rotors Up front, bendix ultimate's and standard discs rear

Body weight: 1400kg

• 2 weeks later...