SAU Community

SAU Circuit Times

Roy

LOlL ok Top 20 it is then.

But really it will need help from you guys. If you have a first post in this thread detailing your car mods and lap times, then that is the post you need to maintain. Sure post up dribble like i do to keep the pages rolling along. But maintain your first post in this thread. I will then link that post to your time in the Top 20 so ppl can readily get some stats / details on the cars.

As for my car. I personally feel in Vic we are starting to see the fruit of ppl now having done some track work, say 2+ years under their belts. When i first moved to Vic Snowy was the only just starting out with track days and it was unheard of that a STD RB20 with turbo upgrade will be doing 1:23s at Sandown or 1;52s at PI. By years end i want to have done a 1:21 at Sandown and a 1:49 at PI. Thats my goal for the car, and worst case i will only be a second off the target times.

The teens at Sandown and 1:4#s we are seeing at PI are indicative of the fact that the Vic gang are now getting their heads around their cars and how to drive them quickly. LOL i just wish i had gone to Racepace in 2004. I would have had a good 12-18 months being quicker then the girls in the GTRs :) Now it seems even if i wrangle my goal times out o fmy car i will be destined to being an also ran as other people are better drivers in better cars. Oh well, time to start playing Under 12s Rugby Union. May be the only way i win a trophy :)

Ok I couldn't find my first gtst post so heres one for the gtr.....

SAU Nickname: Ant97gtr

Car Make and Model: 1997 R33 S3 GTR

Circuit Name: Barbagallo WA

Lap time: 1.02.28

Modifications

Engine: Std R34 RB26, Std high-flowed turbos @ 15psi, PFC, 3in Exhaust

Power: 250 awkw

Suspension: Std with HKS coilovers

Tyres: Street Falkens

Brakes: Std

Body weight: Std

Circuit Name: Phillip Island Vic

Lap time: 1.54.01

Modifications

Tyres: RE55

Brakes: Std with DBA5000 front rotors, SBC front pads, Comp2 rear pads

Circuit Name: Sandown Vic

Lap time: 1.26.6

Modifications

Tyres: RE55

Brakes: Std with DBA5000 front rotors, SBC front pads, Comp2 rear pads

LOlL ok Top 20 it is then.

But really it will need help from you guys. If you have a first post in this thread detailing your car mods and lap times, then that is the post you need to maintain. Sure post up dribble like i do to keep the pages rolling along. But maintain your first post in this thread. I will then link that post to your time in the Top 20 so ppl can readily get some stats / details on the cars.

As for my car. I personally feel in Vic we are starting to see the fruit of ppl now having done some track work, say 2+ years under their belts. When i first moved to Vic Snowy was the only just starting out with track days and it was unheard of that a STD RB20 with turbo upgrade will be doing 1:23s at Sandown or 1;52s at PI. By years end i want to have done a 1:21 at Sandown and a 1:49 at PI. Thats my goal for the car, and worst case i will only be a second off the target times.

The teens at Sandown and 1:4#s we are seeing at PI are indicative of the fact that the Vic gang are now getting their heads around their cars and how to drive them quickly. LOL i just wish i had gone to Racepace in 2004. I would have had a good 12-18 months being quicker then the girls in the GTRs :wave: Now it seems even if i wrangle my goal times out o fmy car i will be destined to being an also ran as other people are better drivers in better cars. Oh well, time to start playing Under 12s Rugby Union. May be the only way i win a trophy :wave:

i reckon that's a great idea!

SAU Nickname: Noddy

Car Make and Model: R33 Gtst

Circuit Name: Queensland Raceway

Lap time: 1,01,0400

Modifications

Engine: Forged Pistions , ballanced, std injectors, commetic head gasket & ARP everything.

Mild head & cams, HKS cast manifold with an old school garrett t300 pliain bearing oil cooled turbo and HKS wastegate

EMS 8860(basic tune atm)

Power: 340 rwhp 14 psi

Suspension: Tien 9kg rear 12kg front, sway bars unknown

Tyres: RE55 semi slicks

Brakes: STD, lucas pads and at thier limit

Body weight: 1400kg driver and full tank.

Edited by Noddy

SAU Nickname:

Car Make and Model: S15

Circuit Name: Wakefield

Lap time: 1.08.71

Modifications

Engine: Rebuilt SR20 with GTRS

Power: 235rwkw @ 1.2 bar

Suspension: Tein Flex

Tyres: Re55's

Brakes: R33 GTR Brembo's

Body weight: 1300kg with driver & fuel

Finally got out to Mallala for a practice day :stupid: Should be a fair bit more time left in it, having huge problems with brakes and was first time out there so I cant drive... Will head back out there soon with some decent pads.

SAU Nickname: Salad

Car Make and Model: R32

Circuit Name: Mallala

Lap time: 1:25.xx

Modifications

Engine: RB20DET

Power: 180rwkw

Suspension: Bilstein coilovers, Whiteline swaybars, front adj upper arms, Tein castor rods, Whiteline rear camber bushes, solid cradle bushes, HICAS lockbar, front strut brace, Kaaz 1.5way

Tyres: Second hand 225/50R16 A048Rs

Brakes: stock, Bendix heavy duty pads (absolute crap, down to metal in ~25laps)

Body weight: No backseats or boot trim/spare

By the way Troy, if you wanted a circuit map for the first page, the url is http://www.mallala.com/Circuit_Map.jpg

Edited by salad

• 2 weeks later...

SAU Nickname: Cillham

Car Make and Model: 1989 HR31 GTSx

Circuit Name: Mallala

Lap time: 1.30.00

Modifications

Engine: RB20

Power: 176rwkw

Suspension: Koni reds, king springs (yucky)

Tyres: Yokohama R1 (16")

Brakes: R32 type m calipers and slotted rotors, ebc greenstuff Front. Rear standard with blackstuff.

Body weight: ~1350kg

Edited by Cillham

New time for Barbagallo long circuit as reported by Natsoft timing in the Autumn Cup race meeting 20th May.

DR 30 Skyline RB25 single turbo cams, pistons, rods, GREDDY plenum, 65 mm throttle body, dry sumped.

Care to provide some more info on the car? Any pictures? Suspension and brakes? Thats aa great effort, well done. Is the car still registered?

Care to provide some more info on the car? Any pictures? Suspension and brakes? Thats aa great effort, well done. Is the car still registered?

Road registered - give over. It is this. Image number 50.

http://www.circlework.com.au/cgi-bin/pro/e...70mo-autumn.jpg

Driven by Evan MacRae & wrongly listed as an R31 on Natsoft. It is entered in the street car class. Please note - for the Eastern Staters "Street Car Class" doesn't mean you can drive any of the entries on the street.

Although I have a question - why was it so much quicker in the handicap race than in the other three races?

Edited by djr81

That makes more sense, i was wondering how a DR30 could be so quick. Answer is its basically a race car.

Scotsman...lol, i seem to recall a lot of kighter GTR drivers struggling to get in the top 3 at any go-kart night. Hmmm, i wonder what expalins why the the Telstar driver and the two GTSt drivers are always at the tops of the sheets. Hell and im the heaviest of all :thumbsup:

Road registered - give over. It is this. Image number 50.

http://www.circlework.com.au/cgi-bin/pro/e...70mo-autumn.jpg

Driven by Evan MacRae & wrongly listed as an R31 on Natsoft. It is entered in the street car class. Please note - for the Eastern Staters "Street Car Class" doesn't mean you can drive any of the entries on the street.

Although I have a question - why was it so much quicker in the handicap race than in the other three races?

Hi guys....jeeez you just cant hide anything on this site :O The reason amongst a whole heap of things ( including first outing with a new motor and change of final drive ratio plus newly dry sumped and scared stiff that the belt would fall off) for the quick time in the handicap was a clear track, no dicing for the first few laps and me with a real attitude that said 62 or go home...Dicing is still a problem for the car as we have massive brake knock off problems and at those times there is not a lot of time to left foot pump, pump, pump. Also made a couple of minor suspension adjustments (Penske adjustable shocks on the rear) and knocked the cold tyre pressures down to 20 on the rear and 22 on the front. Hope that helps. Car runs 1320 kg on 8 17 x 8 inch rims with control Toyo tyre. Still got a low 62 maybe high 61 but seperately need a close ratio box rather being soooooo gentle with the standard RB25 box.

Cheers hope the above helps

SAU Nickname: siddr20

Car Make and Model: Nissan Skyline R33 s2

Circuit Name: Wakefield

Lap time: 1.18

Modifications:

Full exhaust, and little tad more boost.. stock everthing else!!

Engine: no engine mods..

Power: 183kw dynoed

Suspension: lowered springs, rear thicker sway bar, adjustable castor rod on front

Tyres: advan ad07s rear, toyo t1rs front

Brakes: stock 33 brakes

Body weight: stock 33 would weigh? minus space saver wheel

You reckon time is good for my stockish 33?

Edited by siddr20

Well after what seems like an eternity to me I'm finally back and marked my return today at Phillip Island with a new PB of 1.47.17. Not too shabby given it is the 1st full track day I have got through in my car since Oct 05 and that the tyres I was on (toyo's) were definitely a good 1.5-2s slower than the bridgestones looking at how much Scotsman could get back on me through the sweepers and under brakes.