Circuit Name: Phillip Island (need another go at this with healthy car :laugh:

Lap time: 1.57.16

Circuit Name: Winton

Lap Time: 1.38.75

Regards

Andrew

New Calder time = 1.05.37

I thought it was up to date?

The whole point of this thread is not so much for ppl to bat off over lap times but see which cars are quick and what has made them quick.

If ppl dont post here im not going to put their lap times up...The original point of this thread was to see just how much quicker ppl go as they improve as drivers or they mods their cars. I still think driving is the biggest variable. For instance 1:20 seems possible in a std turbo R33 GTR, who would have thought that. And it appears a 1:16-17 may be possible in a well modded one on fresh rubber and a few more laps.

I think this thread could be really helpful, especially to me who for the first time in 3 years is consdiering a few mods and not sure where best to spend it? But its only going to be good if ppl post up with good feedback :)

At the moment a good run down from the Stig would be good as he has driven his car at over 10 track days so far this year and had done a few mods on the way...

But, was meant to be a discussion on where best to spend the money if you want to go quick. And it still appears to be driver, tyres, suspension, power then real suspension and brakes.

Really? Post up your times, if its an improvement for you site the new mod, even if its just a fresh set of tyres. If its just that you pulled a few extra tenths then comment on that as well.

Im pretty sure if you have posted in this thread, with an update of an improved time then i have updated it (except Dane...lol i missed yours)

But you need to post in here, im not going through racetime picking out ppls times :whistling:

Car: 180sx

Modifications: Diff., turbo, injectors, thermo's, aluminium radiator, Z32 blah blah blah

Power: 200rwkw at track

Suspension: Camber arms, castor rods, Tein super streets, strut braces, lower arm brace

Tyres: RE55s

Brakes: R32 GTS-T coversion, Project mu SCR discs, Project Mu pads, braided lines

Times:

Circuit name: Winton

Lap Time: 1:39.863

Circuit Name: Sandown

Lap Time: 1:28.32

New Time: 1:25.091

Changes: Nil

Circuit Name: Morwell

Lap Time: 59.21

There ya go Troy. No changes, just an improvement in time.

CHEAT ! :D

LOL, i was waiting with that one. I remember reading you were goign to run them :D But truthfully, im starting to think there isnt really an advantage in running slicks, timewise. Main benefit is cheap 2nd hand ones off race cars to play on ???? Your thoughts ?

18" x 240's Mich porsche cup tyres for $50 a set (1 x Case of corona). THATS GOLD!

I get 2-4 track days out of a set. Im still on STD suspention so I only wear out the edges, It cost twice as much to strip fit and balance. I get them in different states and they can affect my times by up to 2 sec with the age. I have no doubt that a new set of semi's are better, but they cost so much more its not worth it just to go a sec or two quicker.

Compaired to my yoka E300's (Luxury Sports tyres) they are 3-5 sec quicker and dont go off after 3 laps.

Car: R33 GTSt

Modifications: SAFC, EBC, FMIC, cams & pistons, air filter

Power: 200rwkw

Suspension: King springs, Bilstein shocks, Whiteline swaybars, pineapples, camber/castor bushes

Tyres: Falken Azenis RT 215 (front) RT 615 (rear)

Brakes: stock with N-Brake NA-P pads (American brand)

Times:

Circuit Name: Sandown

Lap Time: 1:32.17

New Time: 1:29.75

Changes: Nil

Ok time for another zed. :)

SAU Nickname: Ports

Car Make and Model: 300ZX Z32

Circuit Name: Wakefield Park

Lap time: 1:13.52

Modifications: Stage 7

Engine: VG30DETT

Power: 286.8rwkw @ 14psi

Suspension: Koni/Apexi shocks-springs, White Line adjustable swaybars, camber/caster, no hicas.

Tyres: Advan A032r 245/40/18

Brakes: 324mm slotted rotors + red stuff pads, std rear + ultimates

Body weight: 1480kg (approx)

Circuit Name: Eastern Creek

Lap time: 1:56.54

Mods etc: see above

Circuit Name: Oran Park

Lap time: 1:26.88

Circuit Name: Oran Park South

Lap time: 52.97

At the moment a good run down from the Stig would be good as he has driven his car at over 10 track days so far this year and had done a few mods on the way...

Troy, I could give a rundown but I'm reasonable new to this considering this is my first year of doing track days... I feel I haven't been doing this long enough to give you concrete evidence on what has made my car go faster... whereas for example someone like JP can tell you what improvements each mod can make as his car has been developed for years, and has been racing since you were still sucking on a dummy... :)

But what I can definetly say is that my major improvement has been in learning the car's boundaries without over stepping them, its a case of 'oh, i should have gone a little deeper' or 'oh, i'm not taking the right line', learning how fast you can take a corner before it understeers or how to exit without too much oversteer etc...

Considering this year has been my first year of doing these track days, I'm still on the learning curve...

But I can definetly tell you changing from TEIN HA's to TEIN RA's, the car went a second faster at Sandown without changing driving style... Then when I changed my driving style and was confident in pushing the car harder around the track and taking the right racing lines the car went almost 3 seconds faster again....

For example:

First Track Day at Sandown (APRIL'06): 1:22.7 (335rwkws, Brembo F50's, TEIN HA's, RE55S)

Second Track Day at Sandown (JUNE'06): 1:21.5 (335rwkws, Brembo F50's, TEIN RA's, RE55S)

Third Track Day at Sandown (OCTOBER'06): 1:18.7 (350rwkws, Alcon's, TEIN RA's, RE55S)

First 2 track days the improvement was the suspension, whereas the third track day I had an extra 15rwkws, Alcons front & rear, diff/transfer case and most importantly BIG BALLS!!! :)

Even though the additional mods would have helped, I have learnt so much between April and October and I'd say that was the major factor in the faster time...

Hope that helps.... :)

Actually, a car i like just came back up for sale and its tempting to talk to work about gettign it under their lease arrangements. Means parting with the GTSt though, and i doubt i would ever track this car...its as nice as your car and i couldnt do to it what you do to yours.

The GTSt is just about where i want it...but after the gearbox and other gear gets done...man its going to be a 10k exercise :)