SAU Community

R33 Gtst Won't Start !

Hey guys having some trouble with my skyline cranking over.

About 2 months ago I started having trouble with my skyline. She cranks over fine but has trouble firing. After a few goes she would finally start. It's getting fuel, the injectors have pulse, it's getting spark, afm has been replaced, cas has been checked and fuses have been checked and it still won't start. Seems to work fine some days (generally doesn't start at night time). Went into limp mode yesterday but ran great today until tonight. It'll just keep cranking but not actually grab and fire. Any help would be great cheers

Gtst r33 1996 with pretty much every mod you can think of.

My snide comment may not have been helpful either, in hindsight.

Mods may play a big part, for instance your coilpacks - are they stock, LS, Splitfire etc?

"pretty much every mod you can think of" could well be a lot of stuff that doesn't help or could cause a lot of problems. Instead of letting people think of lots of uninstalled crap, just list the more main items.

Just might help in diagnosing.

Weak battery might use all its power turning the engine over leaving not enough to fire it.

Or worn out starter motor might have a really high current draw with the same effect.

Car when revved over 2000rpm would want to stall and hesitate to respond. Had to drive home pretty much on gravity or under 2000rpm

Another thing I thought of is I have a gasket cover leak and noticed some "good oil" on my spark plug. Maybe the oil is stopping it from sparking?

Car when revved over 2000rpm would want to stall and hesitate to respond. Had to drive home pretty much on gravity or under 2000rpm

Another thing I thought of is I have a gasket cover leak and noticed some "good oil" on my spark plug. Maybe the oil is stopping it from sparking?

Yes I read that before. That however doesn't answer my question lol..

There's a difference between revving a car while stationary or revving a car while under load.

In the case of oil leaking from your rocker covers you'd be best pulling off your valley cover and removing your coil packs.

If you do see oil leaking into those cylinders make sure you grab a rag and soak up all of the oil rather than removing each spark plug and letting the oil drain on to your pistons

What changes have you made over the last 3 months?

Edited by jmknights93

Just a stock Ecu

Wouldn't start last night, would just crank over but not grab. Went to try again this morning and it started. It's showing signs of a bad crank angle sensor although it's been checked. It back fires and misfires once it starts and wants to stall while the car is running not stationary until it warms properly. Also revs very high, I've also checked for a vacuum leak

Stock ecu is most likely your problem,when you do your mods and

put on a bigger turbo stock ecu can't handle it.You need an after market

ecu and a tune . :-)