SAU Community

GOT SUM's RB34

Heaps of people launch off trans brake with drag radials. First time out with worn tyres couldn't really push more or it blew tyres off haha... 

Gonna try get some 15s with 255/60r15 street R's and should hook a lot better off the line.

For those of you with facebook here's the runs from the night.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1972702192992389&id=1462850017310945

Insurance is due next week, currently with shannons. They want $1120 for 15k cover, got an online quote from aami and it was $750 for 16.2k. Called NRMA Vintage and they said they don't insure skylines :/ It's a bit more exy for me cause I'm under 25. Who's everyone with? 

On 12/13/2017 at 5:10 PM, klutched said:

So got the idle issue all sorted. Turned out to be a stuck VCT solenoid. All fixed and running sweet again! 

Got my mickeys put onto the GTR wheels, grip on the street is amazing. Holds 2nd gear no worries. Off to the track tonight to run a PB 8) Hopefully... Will be happy with a low 11 but wanting to try crack a 10 second pass.

Y0FQEeg.jpg

Just spotted you were having idle problems, I've been hunting mine for a while. What was the symptoms of your bad idle? All the time, under load, after driving a while, hot, cold etc?

RE Insurance, IDK how it would be for you being under 25 but I'm over 25 and with Shannons. They want $980 for 12k cover, should probably up it though. 

So starting to prep for roll racing next Saturday. Have ordered 20L of gearbox oil and a Turbosmart trans temp gauge. Also going to look at putting a 25 or 30 row cooler with a 7" thermo on it to replace my 19 row. Was going to run twin coolers but I don't want to mount it infront of my rad as my intercooler is already heating it up a tad... 

I really want MT Street R's as they have less belts in the sidewalls than the S/S so better bag and crinkle resulting in better contact patch. Only thing is I need some 15x8/9 around +40. Still have a bit of room between tyre and shock and these are 9.5 +38. If I can't find anything i'll have to get another set of S/S's for roll racing and head back out to the drags.

nK8sEiM.jpg

Also my crank collar came, have a second one if anyones interested $80. 

3VqcttB.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Pulled the box out today so I can send the converter off to TCE to get adjusted to suit my setup. See what they say but I reckon we need to bring the stall speed up from 3800 to 4200. Oil that came out was clean as. 

kin1J34.jpg

Q6HOytL.jpg

Oil and trans gauge came as well.

eY7a95Y.jpg

Gonna try my mates welds on sometime this week so I can order a rear set. His are 15x9 +63 but I think that will be waayy too much so I'll see how they fit and maybe go to a 15x8 +50 depending how my mates fit. 

13 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Lol he is keen, I am never doing a garage floor gearbox special again!

I read your guide on it and thought yeah nah it doesn't sound that hard. You should really remove it permanently, so people don't follow down our shitty route. When mine had to come off again I paid a mates dads shop, it paid for itself in the time and pain saved. 

Hahaha I wanna go faster not slower ? 

Once you've done it a few times you learn a few tricks. The manual was harder to do trying to get it to seat through the twin plate.... In saying that doing the converter bolts up isnt fun but atleast thats after the box is in.

So bit boring not being able to drive the car so decided to do a bit of wiring. Got the trans gauge all wired in and working. Just need to pull the sump off when the box is back in and tap a 1/8 NPT thread for the temp sensor. 

Also pulled my dash apart as well. The stock dash bulbs are pretty dull and I can't see the RPM needle very well. Have ordered some White T10 LEDs to replace them which should hopefully fix that problem. Another thing I have to do is fix my speedo... Not sure if I should just get a speedo corrector from Jaycar or rewire it though the Link to the dash. 

WVEMeDj.jpg

GvwJ1vW.jpg

LED's arrived so I put them in. 10x better than the standard ones. Bit annoyed it doesn't light up the tacho needle better. 

UIt0MXs.jpg

Converter only just got picked up today... Was booked in for Tuesday but they never showed.. Should be down with TCE monday and hopefully get it back by the end of the week. 

Welds in the size I think I need are 2-3 months wait atm... So in the meantime I'll get another pair of 16s to play on atm. 

Haha just a nismo GTS dash. Redline is 6.5 and no boost gauge not that I can use it anyway. 

Picked up my mates weld to try it on. Result was what I expected, too much +offset. Would have sat in there really nice if it didnt hit the shock. Still had another 10mm before it was flush on the hub as well. So will be ordering the 15x8 +51 which should sit in there nicely. 

sAFcLR0.jpg

LV6DnwZ.jpg

hIBFScg.jpg

This is how the new wheels will sit compared to my 18s and my GTR wheels. Green is new wheels.

BZvA8ho.png

0DCvYwS.png

So got some new stock suspension and pair of headlights off a wrecked S2 with 74000kms on it. Picked the lot up for $400 which is a steal compared to what they sell for on ebay etc. Also getting the steering wheel from it next week which is in mint condition!

Heres a few pics from mine to the new ones, cant really see the spider cracks in my lights (lower ones).

HurPmtz.jpg

2waA4nz.jpg

fsCi5Jp.jpg

mlryROl.jpg

Looks heaps better under the bonnet now... added a couple red blingy bolts around the place as well. I cant wait to respray the bay.... 

wc2IKP6.jpg

• Like 1

Not much happening. Still waiting for my converter back from TCE. Picked up my new wheel today and threw it on. Looks a lot nice inside now. Also got the ashtray to fill the gap where my boost gauge was! Been lazy and havent bothered to do anything with my speedo yet as I'm not sure which way I want to do it. 

Found out why my mirrors weren't working.... Fuse was blown under the dash, so swapped that out and hopefully when I put the dash back together they'll work again :)

Fingers crossed my converter comes back this week and I can throw it in for the Easter long weekend.

fDvaV6j.jpg

s0qCcQJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...