SAU Community

GOT SUM's RB34

So wiring is all good... Found out my neutral/park switch is broken, little button is gone hence why it's not closing in neutral/park... So I'll get one of those expressed up on Monday. 

Found out I had to bring my cable from the engine back with this shifter so I had to make up a new bracket and use the original cable my shifter came with.... Bit annoying but oh well. 

Gonna have to plumb the screamer back up so I don't melt the cable ?

IAKJKXi.jpg

UThh1ze.jpg

Cleaned it up and added in some extra support so it doesn't flap around. Not bad for a sparky ?

iDX2e60.jpg

And finally made up the clutch cover.... It's not symmetrical or anything but idc, it covers the hole and won't even really be able to see it with everything back in. 

iKjkfrv.jpg

Happy with the progress today! Not much to go now, everythings wired up, brackets are all made (painting tomorrow). Hopefully pick up my non abs tailshaft tomorrow and fit the rear half on and it all fits up nicely. Then just put brake pedal back in and I'll try and put my inner guard back on with some trimming to fit around the cooler/fan. 

2 hours ago, admS15 said:

You forgot 1 thing on that list. Run 10'semoji6.png

Hehe that should be a given :P

49 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

Is the next plan a cage? Committing to the auto kind of dictates a cage is next....

No cage on the horizon at this stage. I want to keep it a street car, and no point as only need cage for sub 10 seconds. When I build a new setup I'll run a sub 10 and go from there. I don't wanna get roped into the time game as it starts getting really expensive after that hahah! 

What track are you running at? I'm pretty sure it is less than 11. 0 and built before 2008 needs a cage, after 2008 can go 10.0 before needing a cage. That is for Andra tracks

So it's all done now 8) picked up my old tailshaft and installed the rear half and got the brackets and stuff all in. Car feels good, going in for a retune this arvo to make sure its still all good. I'll throw my mickeys back on after dyno and see how much better it will pull when it's hooking up 8) It bakes low gear with my 18s.

Here's tailshaft difference.

oiUHol4.jpg

And what you all really want to see.... Short shifted 1st as it was spinning so it bogged a bit in 2nd. Will get a good vid with mickeys on!

• Like 1

So through her on the dyno for a touch up yesterday. Went 444.9whp so about 12% loss. Also found out my front left shock is dead, pissed out fluid everywhere so I've found a set of second hand shocks I'm gonna put my coils on. Thing squats so well now with stock suspension. Through the mickeys back on yesterday arvo and took it for a quick spin and holy shit.... It hooks up and pulls. Havent really found a place to give it a good pull though. Once I change suspension it will be going in for a wheel alignment to get it all on point. Should hook up even better once thats done and maybe even on my 18s..

We tried adding in more boost but power didn't change, tuner thinks maybe throttle body is limitting it but heaps of people have made more power with stock throttle body. Thinking about putting a turbo on that will work well with the new setup I want to build and also wind a little more in now. Thinking about going for a GTW3884R 64mm, thoughts??

TiuIDcY.jpg

Here's a little pic of how she sits atm. Doesn't look bad with stock height. Mickeys fill the guards well though.

Need to get a speedo module to adjust my speedo as it's about double the speed ?

Changing the front shock this arvo as it pissed out all the fluid and then off for a wheel alignment Friday arvo ready for roll racing Saturday night if its not raining.

YvqdgYJ.jpg

Been pissing down in Brissy, so drags got cancelled and roll racing got cancelled so I got a ticket to happy laps on Sunday to go and test it all out! Powerglide is sick and it just hooks up now with the mickeys and stock suspension. Couldn't fault it except I could use a little more power ? 

Heres a quick vid from yesterday.

• Like 2

Few shots from the track as well. 

x9jmIif.jpg

kfPklKI.jpg

4IAVjQ2.jpg

hT8RsRR.jpg

5MVzjKv.jpg

a18S73F.jpg

dpjWRPG.jpg

3wFTNaw.jpg

So the plan atm is to run it down the strip and see what she does with this setup. Hopefully run a 10 so I can pull this turbo off and replace my hot side with a totally new setup. Looking at a PTE 6466 Gen2 CEA 1.0 rear on a CRG T4 Twin scroll manifold with a 45mm single gate, 4" dump with a 3.5" behind that. We'll wind it up to 480-500whp through the auto and leave it there while I build a 25/30. Once the motors built upgrade injectors to xspurt 1550s with twin 460s feeding them and wind it up to 500rwkw+. 

Edited by klutched
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, kingtube69 said:

Hey Klutched, What size tyres are you running on those GTR wheels? Think its about time I get my shit together and go run some good times. 

Hey they're 255/50r16, which are shagged already :(

Gonna take it out tomorrow night for a final run at the strip and see what we can do. Weathers been terrible this week but hopefully tomorrow's ok. If we manage to crack a 10 then tyres will be binned and turbo setup will be coming off and sold being replaced by something bigger (not a 6466) 8)

NFOA52F.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kingtube69 said:

Hahaha thanks for sharing tyre sizes. Are they just called Mickey Thompson ET Street? When I searched them they came up with a few different models. Good luck with the 10s!!!

They're Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S. Its the only one they have that size in. 

So last night was a decent night out, got lots of runs and not bad figures considering. Had good consistency over the night, had a few passes. Turbos maxed out and hitting 63* by 3/4 track and pulling my top end down. Car still has the MPH which is awesome, just need to get that 60ft down. Launching at 4k off the transbrake is solid but only 1.7 60fts, anymore the tyres would just blow off cause it was launching at full boost (20psi). 

Ultimately theres time left in this setup, but I don't think I'm going to bother with it. Gonna look at a 35r or PTE 66mm to fix the IATs and push a bit more power through it. I'll run it at roll racing on the 3rd and then pull the box and send the converter off to get setup for my car.

jigZrEb.jpg

WtONRdv.jpg

OYYg3GF.jpg

SmaRVHm.jpg

• Like 3