SAU Community

R33 Gtst, A Few Questions

^ This. I otherwise agree that Nistune is the better choice.

If I had an R33 and wanted to Nistune it, I would sell the car, but a 32 or 34 and Nistune that. Better cars, better ECUs. Better life.

My Ass.

You can nistune an r33 with either z32 or r32 ECU apparently r32 is better these days

What's with the "My Ass"?

I never said you couldn't Nistune an R33. What I did say is that it is harder, for a couple of reasons, one being exactly what you said, having to source another ECU, then the stuffing around with redirecting the LED output to drive VCT and so on. And it's still not a perfect result.

What my post was, if you read it more thoroughly, was an open statement that I don't like R33s and would sell one to buy one of the alternatives rather than work on it.

I'm not slagging off R33 owners, by the way. I know there are plenty of people out there who make lifestyle choices that I don't agree with, and owning an R33 is just one of many such choices.

Edited by GTSBoy

Given the stamp duty and all the other stuff you pay when trading cars and re registering/insuring in your name etc etc etc Selling and buying again isn't really practical just for an ECU option. Just get a PFC/Link/Haltec/Adaptronic etc and keep what you have. Plus better the devil you know.......use the money you save on more mods!!!!

Adaptronic, call it a day.. I even have base maps ready to go.

Whatever you do, don't buy an Adaptronic and use the one preloaded one.. it's a horrible, horrible map.. all the enrichment values are wrong, temp sensor calibrations are wrong, cranking tables are wrong lol..

Then again, it's cheap for a reason.. but once you work it well.. it's a solid ECU

Adaptronic, call it a day.. I even have base maps ready to go.

Whatever you do, don't buy an Adaptronic and use the one preloaded one.. it's a horrible, horrible map.. all the enrichment values are wrong, temp sensor calibrations are wrong, cranking tables are wrong lol..

Then again, it's cheap for a reason.. but once you work it well.. it's a solid ECU

Would you say adaptronic is better than power fc?

I have a power fc and z32 afm ready to go in but i have been suggested to sell the fc and get adaptronic instead. Is it worth it or should i just stick with the fc?

I don't see how a hg high flow is a waste of money. 250-260rwkw on 98 and 300-310 on e85 and full boost by 3.4-3.5k rpm for $850 and is a 100% bolt on affair, no spacers or other bull shit required. I don't believe you will find any other turbo in that price range and unless you are chasing massive HP its a no brainer for most. Hypergear also does excellent pricing on adaptronic ECU's if you buy a turbo from him. You won't require an AFM or boost controller with one of them either, they do all the fancy crap, flex fuel, wb input, launch control and the customer service and support from adaptronic is phenomenol. My 2c.

I believe you may have misread that, hg hi flows are OP6?

A stock turbo from an RB25 is a T25..

I was going to hi-flow the stock turbo which would be a waste of money when I could get the hg hi flow OP6 instead for probably less of a price

No a stock non neo rb25 turbo is a 21u and its a t3 foot print. The only difference between that and an op6 is the rear housing. An op6 will make a little more power at the expense of lag.

I believe you are the one who has misread brah[emoji12]

Both those turbos are hg high flows and cost the same in bush bearing form. Just depends what you have to start with.

You are being educated, that's what sau is all about.

My ass, was directed at this outrageous comment.

Better cars, better ECUs. Better life.

What my post was, if you read it more thoroughly, was an open statement that I don't like R33s and would sell one to buy one of the alternatives rather than work on it.

I'm not slagging off R33 owners, by the way. I know there are plenty of people out there who make lifestyle choices that I don't agree with, and owning an R33 is just one of many such choices.

You're a goose.

A stock turbo from an RB25 is a T25..

I was going to hi-flow the stock turbo which would be a waste of money when I could get the hg hi flow OP6 instead for probably less of a price

No - just to be clear Hypergear can highflow your R33 or an R34 (OP6) turbo. The 34 will cost more (unless you have one lying around) as you will have to buy one to get hi-flowed.

No - just to be clear Hypergear can highflow your R33 or an R34 (OP6) turbo. The 34 will cost more (unless you have one lying around) as you will have to buy one to get hi-flowed.

Ah okay cheers, thanks for clearing that up.

I've already spoken to HG, and they have some floating around for immediate purchase.

And also, I can return the stock turbo for a $150 refund.

Well that's the way I took it - they have some OP6's floating around.. Ha.

I'm new to this, I've only owned one other boosted ride which was a GT forester, they were so simple to get bigger turbos, just go buy some shitty jap TD05-06 and smack it on haha

You're a goose.

I'm a goose who thinks that R33s look like the unholy lovespawn of a 90s Maxima rear ending a 90s Magna. The boot line is daft, the length of the side between the back edge of the door and the rear wheel arch is too long, they are heavier than they need to be. The only things they brought to the party were the RB25 and bigger gearbox (both of which Nissan could have put into the R32 if they'd wanted to, because both were already available) and a slightly better front suspension design.

Nissan then realised that they'd screwed the pooch by doing the R34, which brought back the more classic 3 box sports coupe profile and proportions, and got rid of the anonymous 90s Jap car front and rear graphics that they stuck on the R33. And if you don't know what I mean by graphics, I don't mean stick on decals or what a video card outputs. I mean the 2D projection of what all the elements on the particular view of a car look like as a whole, ignoring the 3D shape aspects of it. Seriously. Look at the arse end of a 33. Ignore the 4 round lights and it could just be an old Maxima. Look at the front. Not significantly different to the shapes you see on the front of an old Magna. Just f**king awful.

So whilst the front end of the bonnet on a non-GTR R32 was a bit of a fail - everything else about the shape is true to the classic Mustang coupe profile that all the best sports coupes have had, including pretty much all of the preceding generations of Skylines. R34 likewise. One or two things that could be better (4 even sized tail lights would have looked better) but otherwise spot on. And whilst it is still heavy like an R33, at least it has more power to compensate.