SAU Community

Track Day Weekend - Phillip Island

Snowman

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, same as Snowman and I think Geoff. (and others) It's so easy to do, just get it done and get out there.

Membership form found here:

http://www.ndsoc.com.au/site/files/membership.pdf

After that comes back get cams here:

http://www.cams.com.au/downloads/competito...2004/Level2.pdf

Suggest not posting cheque and form to NDSOC and waiting until they come back, cause that took 5 weeks for mine to happen. I'm sure if you make a few calls you can get it done quicker. Assuming your intending of doing PI event. CAMS application can be faxed to them and done on the same day if you ask nicely and have a credit card.

Ok guys - just some idea's for the best way to get CAMS for those that don't have it but are thinking of coming down. A couple of things to consider is that it will be late August and most membership expire on Dec 31st.

A lot of us a members of the NDSOC. The one thing NDSOC will get you is access to the MSCA sprint days. There are 4 of them left this year - the hill climb at Morwell as mentioned by Geoff, Phillip Island in September, and one in Nov and Dec - venues not confirmed but I have heard that they will be Calder and Sandown. Cost to join them is $65.

You can also join the Phillip Island racing club (PIARC) for $50 but this will only get you onto normal club track days (like maserati, ford, wrx, etc - but not the MSCA).

Also hopefully SAUVIC will be able to issue licences before then and we'll have the same rights and costs as a PIARC membership.

As for the CAMS L2S licence - if you aren't doing Morwell the easiest option is to get the licence on the day at Phillip Island. Just one less thing to have to wait for in the mail! If you are going to join PIARC you can do that on the day as well.

Side issue:

Bepo - spoke to Nige on Saturday as well and he said he's looking at joining us for this weekend as well in his Supra. It will be his first track day in it as well so you could both have some comparisions to talk about.

Sorry mate - what I mean by that is that we will have our CAMS affiliation approved. As I previously mentioned we have our review date at CAMS on July 28th. But I have no idea what happens from there. Starting a CAMS based club isn't something I've done before! LOL

So I'm not sure how long or what else is involved in us getting our approval - but once we are a recognised CAMS affiliated club we can take members and those members can then use the issued club membership number to get a licence.

I hope it will be done well before August 21st but I can't be 100% sure at this stage.

spoke to Nige on Saturday as well and he said he's looking at joining us for this weekend as well in his Supra. It will be his first track day in it as well so you could both have some comparisions to talk about

Well thats that then, im leaving my car at home and nominating myself to ride shotgun in the Supra all day.... :(

On a serious note, im ahppy to look into accom since Snowman looked after the arrangements last time...share the burden :)

Hey Roy - I'm more than happy right now to let someone else take the burden of looking after accomidation this time. I have enough things on my plate right at the moment with SAUVIC to be more than happy to handball this task.

yeah its a national cicuit road racing license. Its the license i use to race my formula 3
In that case there is no way you can race with us :)

What club are you with and can they race in PIARC events?

Time to start thinking about registering guys.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• A lot of bmw need big end bearings as often as other cars need timing belts, the v10 and v8 from the m5 and m3 around the e90 era were bad for it 
    • Near 12mths since the last update apologies.  Car is back running and driving.  Have had a few runs at the drag strip also with a bit of success.  Managed to run tje cars PB with a 10.88 @139mph with a 2.0 60ft.  I have a stock 8hp converter and it's definitely too tight for my setup. But it drives on the street phenomenal. So happy to have converted from the sequential. Has made the car enjoyable to drive vs a what felt like a chore with the sequential.  Looking a at few different options for converters waiting for some feedback from SDE if he can do one for me.  Still a few minor things to work out regarding finalising torque reduction, I have it working but needs to refining.     
    • I honestly wouldn’t bother with this. They don’t hold up under any serious strain. Get the Blackline (Chinese fake Quaife) if anything, as it’s reported to perform pretty well. 
    • For future reference, I believe all that Amayama does is act as a middleman between you and Nissan. Go to your local dealership, ask nicely for a parts account (I get 15% off with mine) and you'll get better pricing. Cheers, 
    • Hi guys, I have a 2005 V35 skyline with the vq35de.  It is a drift car and has been stripped, its now running a standalone ECU and a body harness. Dash everything has been changed to a digital dash controlled by ecu.  The vq35de has been great, very reliable but wanting more HP atm the 35de is making 228rwhp. I'd like to be making about 350rwhp. From my research it looks like a vq25det lightly modified could be a good engine to swap in. I understand the CD trans will bolt up right to the vq25det with a 35de sump used.  My only issue is a wiring harness/ecu to control the vq25det, from what i've found the ecu is a lot different to the vq35de so my plugin for the 35de will not work. Is there any potential to use the vq35de wiring harness and modify as necessary to retain the plugin ecu?  Keen to hear what you guys think, or am I best off to chuck on a cheap turbo kit on the 35de and see how long it lasts.