SAU Community

It might be bye-bye to my 34

Wight

On September 24 a driver in a silver or grey FD Honda Civic (or some other Honda sedan) decided it'd be a good idea to speed through a red light.

I couldn't stop in time and we collided :( . The guy in the Civic then left the scene :mad:

Thought I'd share the damage while I sit here waiting for the bad news that my baby is written off.

Out of interest, what do you guys think? Definitely a write off?

Also, just in case, if anyone has seen a smashed up civic in the Cabramatta area in the last week - any info would be appreciated.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by Wight

Damn that's rough mate, write off for sure!! 

I had Troy from iron chef try to source me another clean bayside GTT for around 6 months with very little luck before I called it quits, hopefully you can find another one!

sorry to hear
Exact same thing happened to my mate's super clean r33 gtst too in 2005 when the r33s were going for around 20k still, except it was hit by a kingswood and the kingswood fled the scene.
Police wasn't much help back then.
It's a shit thing to go through and I definitely know how you feel

I'm considering buying the car back, getting a front cut (without the engine) and repairing it that way. Hopefully engineless front cuts aren't too expensive.

That is, of course,  it isn't a statutory write off - which I doubt.

Unfortunately the police haven't done much now either. Because of where it happened there is just no footage. They did at least check the servo nearby,  which was nice.

Essentially you need to ask the insurance company for the salvage value of the car. This is what you need to pay them.to keep your wreck. If you choose to keep it then they pay you out the insured value less your excess less salvage, then you.need to goto the rms to get a form to fill out to apply for the right to repair it. Then have the repairs sign off saying it's done properly. Then get a blueslip. Then take the rms permission, the repairers sign off and all recipes to the rms to get it registered again.
However there is still a small loop hole. The wovr will ignore most 15 year old or older cars and not record them as write offs. So that may or maynot happen

• Like 1

I was aware about the salvage value. But wasn't aware of the specifics regarding the RMS. Thanks heaps for the info - I'll look further into it.

I love this car, so will definitely be trying everything to get it back on the road, unless the cost is exorbitant.

It's probably a good thing they're made like that - being able to crumple that easily means the car takes the impact, not the occupants.

Aside from the fact I've lost my car, it was a very comfortable crash.