SAU Community

Too many forums?

now thats going too far. You've have 3-4 pages on new threads/posts every 2-3 hours. It'd be too tough to moderate for one.

You have to have some split sections to filter stuff to a certain extent on specifics

I never said to combine everything into 3-4 forums.

I merely said that REALISTICALLY, that's what most people read, and that's what they have time to read... So splitting them up into 10 different forums, means they will still only read the 3-4 main forums and a lot of the threads that used to be in those main forums will now go unread by a good percentage of previous readers.

Maybe 70% of people would read GAD, Forced Induction/NA, State Forum and For Sale... But only 5% of people would read Suspension, Motorsport, Stagea, Cefiro, Bodykits, Car Audio, National Events, News, Sports, Games, Computer Art, etc etc...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The happy medium was exactly how it was before this "forum splitting crusade" :)

oh please!! you can be a slight drama queen sometimes Andrew.

I am just waiting to see what other feedback we will get. At this stage, Skylines Disc and GAD will be merged again and bodykits will be removed.

so, motorsport subforums removed? what else? merge Skyline discussion and GAD?

I concur.

Prank check out this thread:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...?t=46721&page=4

The news and sports section don't get a whole lot of posts, and what is being posted in there is generally more "wasteland" type material.

~K

Are changes going to be actioned anytime soon? :D

People have started double posting because there are so many forums now, they don't know where to post their threads.

e.g.

"Making an R33 GTR two wheel drive" by T517zGTR

Forced Induction - http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=48173

Skyline Related Discussion - http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=48174

"How To Launch??????" by drewecrome

Forced Induction - http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=48032

Motorsport - http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=47955

Just two that I've noticed, I'm sure there are more ;)

This is the point though.

So funkymonkey has a question about this awesome bodykit he saw on the road, and wants it for his car. That bodykit is actually developed by my good mates at ABC Fibreglass.

But since it has been seperated from the Skyline Automotive forum, and I don't have enough interest in bodykits to click on that forum and read it, that question might go unanswered for 2 weeks until someone else can answer the question, whereas if it was still part of the Skyline Automotive forum, which I read, I would have answered it within 5 minutes, with contact number, price and availability.

The effect of splitting up different topics into different forums might seem like a tidier layout, but it has the follow-on effect of placing threads into forums that very few people read, as they don't have enough interest in that forum to regularly read it, but can answer the questions posed in there straight away if it were presented to them in their commonly read forums.

:werd: i had a bit of a re-read of this thread and what you say Merli is true. I'm finding some of the most simple questions going unanswered for weeks, and the poor bastard who started the thread has been talking to himself the whole time. Compact the sub-sections back to the way they were.

-rb25

I agree with Merli, too many sub-threads, most of which are unnecessary.

:werd:

here's my suggestion:

Automotive have 3 sub forums (General, Motorsport, Importation...) so combine Skyline, Ceffy, Stag etc...into General

get rid of the bodykit sub forum

For World & Other Things I reckon scrap a lot of it as they're isn't enough traffic to warrant their use. Move everything into The Wasteland except Japan. Probably best to delete National events if each state has their own Events forum. And I don't think their needs to be an archive forum for each event forum.

Guest jimmyd17

yep i agree... way to many sections and sub sections on this forum now, its become quite a joke.. i hope this problem can be solved and things go back more like what they used to be.

Heres my plan;

GENERAL

-General Automotive Discussion

-Vehicle Specific Discusion

---Stagea

---Ceffy

---etc

-Motorsport

-Importation

MAINTENANCE/MODS

As is, removing Bodykits (merge into general automotive).

WORLD

As is, move sports/news -> wasteland

Optinions?

Christian