SAU Community

Too many forums?

I don't like the idea of all these new sub-forums. Like, is there really enough bodykit talk for it to warrant its own forum? Originally, you could post a bodykit related question in the General section and have it answered in mere minutes. But now, with so many new forums, more threads will get missed. How many tyre/wheel threads already pop up in the General section because nobody reads the sub-sections?

Also, it's going to take half an hour before I post each thread to decide if I'm in the right forum or not.

Who's with me?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's only a couple of major new sections...

Bodykits

Importation

and the seperate sections for the Stagea Owners and the Cefiro Owners

Oh and we split general discussion into Skyline Related and Other Cars

Nothing else has changed... has it?

Feedback on the changes would be good from everyone. No point changing stuff if people aren't happy with it.

you mean "no point changing stuff if people ARE happy with it". i also think that there is way too much sub-forums

Yeah I agree ... too many subforums ..

It was nice and easy to browse before but I don't like all the Cefiro and Stagea forums. I mean after all, this is Skylines Australia. Should we therefore have a VL Commodore section as well because they have an RB30? :)

I think... if that section doesnt interest you, you wont read it.

you'll soon work out where your 'regular' sections are and just scroll right to them.

I only look in Vic, Forced Ind and one or two others anyhow.

so it doent affect me as i dont look in the extra sections

But that's the problem. Because people will only read the forums that interest them most, the smaller forums (bodykits, tyres, whatever) will be more or less empty. When you have a question, expect to wait a week or more for a reply, as opposed to the two minute wait for the same reply in the General Forum.

Yeah I agree ... too many subforums ..

It was nice and easy to browse before but I don't like all the Cefiro and Stagea forums. I mean after all, this is Skylines Australia. Should we therefore have a VL Commodore section as well because they have an RB30? :rolleyes:

:werd:

Also, the General Automotive Discussion and the Skyline Related Discussion appear to be one and the same. At least move General Automotive Discussion to the bottom, because the Skyline Related Discussion is obviously going to be more popular.

hehe all this over a stagea and cefiro section?

basically the general automotive was split up because there was too many non skyline related posts amongst skyline related ones. Being a skyline forum, it is better to focus on skylines only in one area and whatever others in the other area.

The reason stageas and sedan sections have been opened is because of the growing number of users that own them on the forum. Seeing as they have no other place to frequent AND that they are so closely related to skylines, they have their own sections. If you don't have a stagea or cefiro, this won't affect you anyway.

Bodykits and aero, well, its a modification. I mean if someone has enough brains to post about turbos in the forced induction section, then I'm sure they can post about bodykits and post in that one.

Other than that there hasn't been any other changes, other than a simple reordering of the same forums.

Guys, give the new system a go for a couple of weeks before you start bashing it. It took us ages to work out a good layout and we're stil testing it.

Bodykits and aero, well, its a modification. I mean if someone has enough brains to post about turbos in the forced induction section, then I'm sure they can post about bodykits and post in that one.

This is the point though.

So funkymonkey has a question about this awesome bodykit he saw on the road, and wants it for his car. That bodykit is actually developed by my good mates at ABC Fibreglass.

But since it has been seperated from the Skyline Automotive forum, and I don't have enough interest in bodykits to click on that forum and read it, that question might go unanswered for 2 weeks until someone else can answer the question, whereas if it was still part of the Skyline Automotive forum, which I read, I would have answered it within 5 minutes, with contact number, price and availability.

The effect of splitting up different topics into different forums might seem like a tidier layout, but it has the follow-on effect of placing threads into forums that very few people read, as they don't have enough interest in that forum to regularly read it, but can answer the questions posed in there straight away if it were presented to them in their commonly read forums.

too many forums.

my suggestion is to rename what was previously "general automotive discussion" to "skyline related discussion", and then have just one new forum for all other imports.

ok so you guys don't like the bodykit section... fair call, i wouldn't check in that (but then again I keep hitting the new posts button everytime I come in).

what about the rest? that leaves the stagea and cefiro sections.... which were both requested by the owners of these cars.

"Other imports" so far hasn't exactly had any response, so I dunno bout that one.

Guys, please, instead of coming in here and just saying you dont like it, how about you give some opinions as to what would make it better. I am trying to accomodate for a lot of people. I understand that Cefiros are not skylines, but a lot of our members have bought Ceffys or other imports since owning a skyline and I dont want them to be forced to post elsewhere because they dont have anywhere here.

There were not that many changes made in all honesty, just grouped differently.

Give us some constructive feedback so we can make the site better for you.

Christian