SAU Community

Won't boost past 10psi

If you want to live on the edge...... disconnect the actuators and CAREFULLY drive the car to see if it will get over 10psi. If it does then there is an issue with the boost control side

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 89CAL said:

If you want to live on the edge...... disconnect the actuators and CAREFULLY drive the car to see if it will get over 10psi. If it does then there is an issue with the boost control side

Good idea ill give that a go and see if I get over 10

22 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

What gauge are you using?

autometer boost gauge plumbed into the line going to the map sensor.

still haven't tested driving without the wastegates connected as im unsure how to set that up. do I just remove the vacuum line to the actuator and just block it so I have the turbos there without any vacuum hoses going to it?

car originally had a boost tap installed where the stock solenoid goes, I removed that and put the solenoid back in expecting to have a bar of boost.

Edited by dave123456789

Just unplug and block the 2 lines from the solenoid and see if it spikes above 10psi. If not remove the rag from the intake blocking the intercooler.... like mine was [emoji23] haha

• Like 1

On 21 March 2017 at 7:36 PM, JDM33R said:

Just unplug and block the 2 lines from the solenoid and see if it spikes above 10psi. If not remove the rag from the intake blocking the intercooler.... like mine was emoji23.png haha

Hey mate I blocked the two lines going to the boost control solenoid and still only got 10psi

i noticed neither was really sucking hard at idle when I removed the bolts I use to block it.

if I blow in either one it make the idle note change.

where to from here? Pretty sure no rags in my intake lol

Either you have a boost leak or the actuators on the turbos aren't fully shutting.

I made up some 50mm and 80mm round nylon blocks with a tyre valve in one end, blocked off the intercooler pipes at both ends and Pumped it up to 20psi. You can definitely hear the leaks if you have any.

10 hours ago, JDM33R said:

Either you have a boost leak or the actuators on the turbos aren't fully shutting.

I made up some 50mm and 80mm round nylon blocks with a tyre valve in one end, blocked off the intercooler pipes at both ends and Pumped it up to 20psi. You can definitely hear the leaks if you have any.

Cheers mate ill give that a shot.

• 2 years later...