SAU Community

Nismo Super Coppermix Competition Edition - Bearing question

Nismo Super Coppermix Competition Edition - Bearing question

Hi All, 

Just received my clutch, such a beautiful piece of work!!

After the unboxing ceremony i realised the bearing is different to the one that is currently in the carrier. 

Was i sent the wrong clutch type?

this is for a 94 r32 gtr.

33678410465_e720232437_b.jpg

33678494865_05e1301584_b.jpg

You have been sent a pull type clutch which is the correct type of clutch for a 1994 gtr, your gearbox has been changed to a push type. Post a pic of where the slave cylinder bolts to the gearbox, it might have been converted to a push type.

• Like 2

unless it is a problem you should return the clutch and get a push type one.  there are push/pull clutch converters or you can change the gearbox back to pull with a bit of work, but by far the easiest is getting the right clutch.

BTW as sick_r31 said your car should be pull type clutch if it is a 94, so something has happened changed it left the factory or you have the wrong build year

thanks for the replies so far guys, its a massive help. its a bit tricky to get a good shot of the side of the gearbox at the moment but as per the pic below you can see the bolts protruding through the bell housing for where the slave sits. by all accounts my gearbox appears to be a push type yes?

returning it is a bit of an issue. im thinking it might be easier to get a pull type front gearbox cover and fork to convert it to a pull type. is this all that is needed?

33540880412_195018f197_b.jpg

If your gearbox looks like the pic below you have a pull type gearbox that has been converted to a push type, if your gearbox is missing the threaded holes on the left of the dust boot cover you have a push type gearbox and it can't be converted to a pull type. If you have option 2 you might be better off looking for a R33 gtr gearbox.

DSC00011.jpg 

Here's the part numbers for what's required to convert it back if it's option 1

30536-12U00-

30678-12U00- x2

00923-11610-

32154-12U00-

30531-12U10-

30539-12U00-

30542-12U00-

32110-12U01

30620-12U23

• Like 1

umm can't really answer that.  the bolts imply it is a push clutch (assuming that's where the slave was). If you want to convert to pull you use the 2 bolt holes on the other side of the dust cover, and change the front cover, fork, release bearing and carrier as listed above

what we really need is a pic inside the bellhousing which must be possible because no engine attached....

8 hours ago, Duncan said:

umm can't really answer that.  the bolts imply it is a push clutch (assuming that's where the slave was). If you want to convert to pull you use the 2 bolt holes on the other side of the dust cover, and change the front cover, fork, release bearing and carrier as listed above

what we really need is a pic inside the bellhousing which must be possible because no engine attached....

The box has a push style fork and slave cylinder when i removed the engine. I put the bolts back in there so i dont lose them. 

7 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

The rear bosses don't look like they have threads tapped in them.

Its a poor quality picture but they are actually threaded. 

Edited by WantGTR