SAU Community

Can i remove the inner plastic wheel guards?

There is no real issue with removing them as long as you understand that everything behind them will be more exposed to the elements. Mine leaked water through a grommet into the footwell so when it rained my right foot got wet. My inner guards are in for this and other reasons.

Out of curiosity, what wheels do you have that are rubbing? My 19s and current 18s dont rub unless I am turning hard and hit the brakes or hit a bump

1 hour ago, 89CAL said:

There is no real issue with removing them as long as you understand that everything behind them will be more exposed to the elements. Mine leaked water through a grommet into the footwell so when it rained my right foot got wet. My inner guards are in for this and other reasons.

Out of curiosity, what wheels do you have that are rubbing? My 19s and current 18s dont rub unless I am turning hard and hit the brakes or hit a bump

im running 18s with 235 tyres they only rub when i turn the wheel and go up my driveway, and im planning to lower my car a bit more

Hey bro I have just put mine back in my 34 as riding low it had worn through some of the wiring harness on the drivers side. No problem with doing it, just gotta keep your eye on the condition of the surrounding parts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox R34 said:

Hey bro I have just put mine back in my 34 as riding low it had worn through some of the wiring harness on the drivers side. No problem with doing it, just gotta keep your eye on the condition of the surrounding parts

alright thanks mate

• 3 weeks later...

I've had my front and rear guard liners of the front wheel arches out for years. No problems other than build up of leaves and general crud near the bottom of the fender. I just wash it out with the high pressure washer. No damage under there but you will hear a tiny bit of extra road noise / any stones that flick off your tyres and hit the chassis. Only weird thing is from some angles you can see behind the front bar, but no one except me notices this and I'm used to it now. Saved heaps of scrubbing.

• Like 1