• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Adz2332

R33 Track car Handling upgrades

R33 Track car Handling upgrades

hey all

im looking to get a set of coilovers and what not for my track car. grip car

What has been used and worked well?

Are white line sway bars worth the upgrade to?

tie rod ends worth it etc etc?

Thanks

Pretty sure your questions have been covered already.

Start with MCA Red

• Like 2

BC ER coilovers & F&R Whiteline bars on ours - it works fairly well. MCA reds weren't available when we bought the BCs, but I've heard good things about them. Next suspension upgrade will be arms, to get some more camber & caster. 

What diff have you got - if it's the stock VLSD an upgrade may would be money well spent.

• Like 2

Mechanical LSD!

And replacing all/any thrashed out bushings would also be a great start.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GeeDog said:

BC ER coilovers & F&R Whiteline bars on ours - it works fairly well. MCA reds weren't available when we bought the BCs, but I've heard good things about them. Next suspension upgrade will be arms, to get some more camber & caster. 

What diff have you got - if it's the stock VLSD an upgrade may would be money well spent.

i got same as geedog with the bc er coils and whiteline bars. I got camber arms, go for a good well known brand, i got a cheaper brand (ISC) and they were heaps harder to adjust

yer was defs looking at the white line sway bars

at the moment i just have a shimmed locked diff. hadnt thought of that will get some prices

I'd consider the diff essential for any track use,  get that power out of the corners.

• Like 2

Why don't you start with putting the right toe, camber and corner weight your car?

Make your own setup bars for cheap. The big boys in F1 still do it the same way.

that way you can build your own understanding of how mods you have put on have affected the handling. Every race car from excel's to super cars set toe, camber and corner weight before they hit the track.

In time you can move on to roll centres, adjusting the bump and rebound etc,  and gain a better understanding on how sway bars and the like affect the handling so you can tune it for different conditions and tracks.  

If you don't know how a larger diameter sway bar will affect your handling then do some research. you might find yourself making the handling worse.