SAU Community

R33 Track car Handling upgrades

Adz2332

R33 Track car Handling upgrades

hey all

im looking to get a set of coilovers and what not for my track car. grip car

What has been used and worked well?

Are white line sway bars worth the upgrade to?

tie rod ends worth it etc etc?

Thanks

BC ER coilovers & F&R Whiteline bars on ours - it works fairly well. MCA reds weren't available when we bought the BCs, but I've heard good things about them. Next suspension upgrade will be arms, to get some more camber & caster. 

What diff have you got - if it's the stock VLSD an upgrade may would be money well spent.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GeeDog said:

BC ER coilovers & F&R Whiteline bars on ours - it works fairly well. MCA reds weren't available when we bought the BCs, but I've heard good things about them. Next suspension upgrade will be arms, to get some more camber & caster. 

What diff have you got - if it's the stock VLSD an upgrade may would be money well spent.

i got same as geedog with the bc er coils and whiteline bars. I got camber arms, go for a good well known brand, i got a cheaper brand (ISC) and they were heaps harder to adjust

• 1 year later...

Why don't you start with putting the right toe, camber and corner weight your car?

Make your own setup bars for cheap. The big boys in F1 still do it the same way.

that way you can build your own understanding of how mods you have put on have affected the handling. Every race car from excel's to super cars set toe, camber and corner weight before they hit the track.

In time you can move on to roll centres, adjusting the bump and rebound etc,  and gain a better understanding on how sway bars and the like affect the handling so you can tune it for different conditions and tracks.  

If you don't know how a larger diameter sway bar will affect your handling then do some research. you might find yourself making the handling worse.