SAU Community

Who were you complianced by?

Just curious :P

everyone go read your little green plate and report back here!

Me: Skyline Imports (the place in Brisbane that does those cool widebody Skylines)

Ummmmmmm... I can't remember, but they're in Labrador, gold coast... it's on the compliancy plate, I'll look when I go for a coke later. :D

They have a very boring, uncool name though. :)

Tosh, what's the go with that? Do you know of any doco on the personal import rules? Planning to move to japan in a year, would like to bring back something with me. :D

Tosh, what's the go with that? Do you know of any doco on the personal import rules? Planning to move to japan in a year, would like to bring back something with me. :)

yeh I have the RTA Documentation for PI's

I printed it and have it in my car all the time.... I think I lost the PDF though :D

I have a suspicion that the documentation is only applicable to NSW though.... so it might be different for QLD.

Basically you have to own the car O/S for 12 months and provide all sorts of proof papers when you come back home...

yeh I have the RTA Documentation for PI's

I printed it and have it in my car all the time.... I think I lost the PDF though :(

I have a suspicion that the documentation is only applicable to NSW though.... so it might be different for QLD.

Basically you have to own the car O/S for 12 months and provide all sorts of proof papers when you come back home...

Do you know that PI cars DO NOT HAVE TO CONFORM TO ANY ADR RULES.

Do you that that effectively makes you IMMUNE to any sort of defect - doesn't matter if it's noise, emissions whatever.

Sooo...

I'm thinking I import an R34 GT-R V-Spec and make it fullee... I mean top mount super single HKS T51R SPL, no cat, 115dB muffler, 20" rims, carbon panels, neons flashing all the time, no seatbelts, caged, stripped interior, big fark off venting BOV, Omega stickers all over it and you point to the GOLD coloured compliance plate and the cops can't do shit.

And take a slow cruise down da Chapz...

T.

Tony that's not correct.....

The car has to meet safety standards so while I can't get defected under ADR's I can if the stuff is unsafe.

And Emissions still have to be met, while the RTA rules may be VERY lenient, the EPA are not...