SAU Community

R33 Overboosting

Hey guys need a bit off help. At the moment I'm running stock boost of 6 psi. I originally had a boost tee hooked up but it was boosting up around the 15 psi mark. So I removed it and threw it away and ordered a new boost tee. It arrived today and I hooked it up and I'm having the same issue. On the lowest setting it is boosting around the 15 psi mark. So I brought a new vacuum line and hooked that up. Still over boosting. I've checked everywhere for any vacuum leaks and can't find anything. Am I missing something. Also yes the boost tee is hooked up the right way. The arrow is pointing to the actuator.

Yip, try what Ben said. 

I had a similar issue with mine. Turning the knob towards the "-" increased the boost and turning towards the "+" decreased it.

Does your car have an aftermarket intercooler and piping on it? The stock cold side cooler pipe has a nipple on it for boost reference. I connect boost controller to that. You may want to change your vacuum line to somewhere before the throttle body.

While it's still advised, I recently did it myself, and did it off the black pipe coming from the turbo, I doubt this will fix your issue, I had mine running off the manifold for years and it was fine, just changes the characteristics of how it comes on. 

If the actuator is working (i.e. 5/6psi with no boost-T) then the only factor is the Boost-T itself, How far did you wind it to the '+' side earlier? and when doing so does the winder go into the body or out of? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GTofuS-T said:

While it's still advised, I recently did it myself, and did it off the black pipe coming from the turbo, I doubt this will fix your issue, I had mine running off the manifold for years and it was fine, just changes the characteristics of how it comes on. 

If the actuator is working (i.e. 5/6psi with no boost-T) then the only factor is the Boost-T itself, How far did you wind it to the '+' side earlier? and when doing so does the winder go into the body or out of? 

Whilst I don't disagree, he had the same issue with the previous boost tee he was using...so unless they're the same model of boost tee, I think it'll be in the plumbing of what he's done or something to do with that solenoid that changes boost depending on RPM.

Speaking of, have you tried grounding that yet for the constant boost pressure?

Make sure no splits/leaks in the vacuum hose going to boost tee.

They are two different turbo tees. One was turbo smart and other is neon. As shown in photo. Why solenoid are you talking about. If it's the one where the factory boost lines went to. That is not in use anymore cause I've got the turbo tee in line. Hoses are all is good condition.

Well assuming you can connect that hose to the boost tee directly to the actuator and get 6psi, it can only be the boost T responsible.

I'd just get an RB20 actuator and fit that...think they are 10psi stock from memory.