SAU Community

How do i drop an n1 pump pressure

pet vl

15 hours ago, pet vl said:

So i have a 25/30 with n1 pump and iam wanting to drop the pressure of the pump to like 60psi on full revs some one told me that thort you can take a spring out of the pump dose any one know

If you want to lower the pressure you need to replace the spring with another, softer one. I did this on mine but its a Tomei not a Nismo pump and it easy as it has an external adjustment. 

Frankly I wouldn't bother.

I was going to get the tomie one but i wanted a spline drive gear set the it takes ages for the pressure to come down and only comes down to 85-90 takes over half an hour to come down i want to start racing it so with oil pressure at 130-140 +for the first half hour of driving its not an option any more

Yer its a n1 oil pump with spool spline drive gears its just how long it takes to come down running 140 plus oil pressure iam not so keen on my tuner thinks it has the potential to blow the filter of and with that much oil pressure fills the head

I dont really see a problem here. Cold oil is thicker so you will run higher pressure until it warms up. As far as I'm concerned, 60psi at full revs is far too low. Mine runs around the same oil pressure when its warm, im not sure why yours is so high when its cold.

Simple fix - dont rev it until its warm.

Im guessing you have an oil cooler? Does it have a thermostat in the system? Sounds like it doesnt. My oil gets up to temp after about 5-10 mins of light driving

Nop no oil cooler put it this way i can drive

55 ks before it comes down and when i want to race its no good if the oil pressure is 130-140 psi or will go around back to 0psi of the gauge

It sounds like you have something else wrong. You are only able to adjust the relief. Oil will not reach this pressure at idle and you should not be taking that long to get the oil temp up