SAU Community

Steep Driveway Issues

Hey guys so i recently put some coilovers on my skyline v36 370gt and its quite low i have trouble getting over speed bumps but i can sideways crawl over them but today i tried driving up my Dads driveway but it literally could not get up whatsoever even if i drove sideways up it does anyone have any suggestions? Ive heard about putting planks down but i have no idea what to do? Hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks guys. ive also attatched some images to give a better understanding of my dilemma. IMG_7016.jpgIMG_7020.jpgIMG_7023.jpg

Seriously though, you could try reversing in, I have this issue at my mum's place which has the usual 45/60 degree gutter, can't go in front ways, but reversing up is fine, it would be much more severe than what that your dad's looks like

2 pieces of 4mm steel plate about 600 long, with some 25mm square bar welded across the underside half way along.  Use them as ramps, with the square bar located across the bottom of the slope to fill the gap between the plate and the concrete.

If that doesn't work, adjust length of plate or thickness of bar upwards, as required.

Or, put coilovers up to practical height.